Production PlannerJob ID PRODU06631 Date posted 02/12/2019
Under the direction of the Materials Manager or Production Planning Supervisor the Production Planner is accountable
for the establishment and management of the production schedules for assigned production lines and flavor types
within his/her portfolio. The creation of production schedules balance the competing needs of customer service levels
and manufacturing efficiencies while maintaining inventory levels within the range set forth through the Sales and
Operations Planning (S&OP) process. Primary responsibilities of the Production Planner are to prepare, plan, issue
and control production schedules.
It is important to follow the standard processes and leverage technology to positively impact results. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Other key functions the position works with:
- Customer Solutions – to maintain service level targets
- Master Supply Planning – to satisfy the production plan needs
- Transportation - to minimize excess product movement and schedule direct plant shipments
- Material Planning - to assure production schedules and modifications are compatible with packaging lead times and availability
- Operations – to create schedules as efficient as possible for both processing and packaging given current demand requirements and service levels.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement appropriate production strategies. Create and maintain production schedules that ensure high customer service levels and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Generate a frozen and slushy production schedule each day within the stated time-fence according to policy
- Schedule a complex array of SKU’s across multiple production lines through scheduling best practices and lean principle applications
- Executes production plan to align with network plan set forth from the S&OP Supply Plan
- Integrate with operations to achieve operations efficiency, sequence production schedules to maximize operations efficiency, expedite operations that delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Communicate causes and impacts of schedule changes to master supply planning, material planning, labor planning and operations. Follow escalation procedures to improve service, quality of work and reduce costs through process or execution improvements and establish approval for change
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in the schedule sequencing, routing and/or the scheduling process
- Coordinate activities to pursue opportunities and resolve issues. Document, communicate and follow-up on action plans
- Provide recommendations to improve service, quality of work, and reduce costs through process or execution improvements
- Provide cross-functional leadership and expertise within the assigned production lines and flavor types
- Track and report Key Performance Indicators on significant supply variances, perform root cause analysis and make the appropriate revisions within the production schedule
Leadership Competencies: customer focus, drive for results; action-oriented; problem solving, planning, timely decision making, informing, organizing, conflict management, interpersonal savvy
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting or related field is preferred
- GED or high school diploma required
- Integrated planning systems training like ERP/DRP/MPS/MRP/CRP is required
- Professional certification from APICS and/or ISM is desirable
- Would prefer a minimum of 8 years of combined related experience operating in areas of inventory control, production scheduling, master planning, demand management, capacity management, materials management, or distribution resource planning; with preference in food processing/packaging
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes
- Able to build relationships
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.