Maintenance Technician IJob ID MAINT12758 Location Tremonton, UT Date posted 11/24/2020
Position: Maintenance Technician I
Location: Tremonton, UT
Shift/Schedule: Night Shift (3:45PM-4:00AM)
Job Function: Responsible for performing mechanical, electrical, and electronic plant/equipment maintenance so that production down time is minimized and efficiency is maximized. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
Essential Job Activities/Duties:
- Ability to complete daily work assignments and help others to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and repair activities, to include minor electrical, mechanical, HVAC, hydraulic, pneumatic, steam, and MMS systems.
- Repair mechanical problems of all plant equipment including mechanical drive systems and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Repair electrical problems of plant and packaging/processing equipment such as wiring, circuits, fuses, switches, electrical installations, transformers, motors, and AC & DC motor drives.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment, check and replace items, and conduct equipment inspections.
- Use and manipulate computer systems for entering and retrieving data in MMS systems as necessary to perform maintenance record keeping activities.
Secondary Job Activities:
- Provide calibration and repair support for ICV Program.
- Research parts inventory and purchase and/or request replacement parts when necessary. Ensure parts are installed in equipment when received.
- Perform building maintenance and repairs including HVAC, roofs/windows/doors, and lights.
- Keep all work and shop areas clean so as to avoid injury and/or sanitation problems.
- Use computerized maintenance system for equipment history & parts.
- Work as a team, take direction and perform any other assigned duties.
Education: Vocational training in maintenance mechanics such as: hydraulics, pneumatics, machine shop, electricity, electronics and programmable computers. Experience with production machinery operation and maintenance a plus.
Skills, Abilities, and Experience required:
- Ability to operate machine tools (lathe, mill, etc.), power tools, computers, electronic test equipment, multimeters, and welding equipment – a plus. Experience in hydraulics, HVAC, boilers, air compressors, ammonia systems, electronics, robotics, plumbing, and mechanical alignment preferred. Must be able to test out, in each area at a local technical school. Must be willing and able to be involved in Continuous Improvement efforts for the department and the plant systems and processes.
- Physical requirements: Manual dexterity for delicate electronic work. Frequently stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties. Ability to lift and carry 50-75 pound objects, repetitively lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds. Ability to distinguish between sounds or vibrations for equipment repair, and colors for electronic wiring work.
- Mental/Motor Requirements: Ability to troubleshoot plant and production equipment problems (mechanical, electrical and electronic); ability to effectively interact and communicate with machine operators and outside vendors; ability to work closely with other team members to share responsibilities and solve problems. Ability to work alone and be self-directed. Ability to operate processing and packaging equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Must wear company-issued uniforms (snap-front shirt & pants) and required PPE (bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel toed shoes, etc.)
- Regular on-time attendance and plan ahead to get coverage for days off.
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or on alternate shifts if needed.
- Must follow established safety procedures and coach others to do the same.
- Good communication and follow up skills.
- Must work well with others and be able to work under pressure. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in which standing, kneeling, climbing and walking are 100% of on-the-job time.
- Ability to perform repeated twisting, bending and reaching of upper and lower extremities
- Ability to work in the following conditions: hot and/or humid environments, heights up to 30ft, working on ladders, confined spaces, and catwalks.
Work in all plant areas and outside the plant. Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, fumes, gases, odors and dust. Exposure to high noise levels. Work around moving machinery that is electrically and mechanically hazardous. Work with highly combustible or potentially explosive equipment and materials.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.