Health, Safety, & Environmental Security ManagerJob ID HEALT13077 Location Tremonton, UT Date posted 12/23/2020
At Post Consumer Brands, we are driven by a single mission: Make Better Happen. This mission is multi-faceted and applies to the consumers we serve, the customers we partner with, and the shareholder value that we create. We are committed to safe, delicious breakfast cereal that is safely produced and responsibly marketed. We are a growth-minded food company that believes deeply in the power of teamwork…and we are looking for our next member of the team.
With more than 85% of households in the United States buying cereal, our brands (Malt-o-Meal, Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Great Grains, Honeycomb, Grape Nuts, Alpha bits, and more) have been honored to compete in a large category and fill an important space in our consumers’ cupboards for more than 100 years and counting!
In an effort to Make Better Happen, we are hiring aHealth, Safety, & Environmental Security Manager to be responsible for the development, implementation, and coordination of safety and health programs at plant and distribution center locations for PCB. Provides expertise in the areas of safety compliance, training, risk management, industrial hygiene, program design and development. Assistance will also be provided to other locations on an as-needed basis. Supports, implements, and maintains food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality, and environmental practices.
1. Implement programs and oversee systems to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local ordinances pertaining to environmental and safety regulations.
2. Manage and direct teams in the implementation of the company’s internal EHS management system.
3. Coordinate overall strategies, budgeting, and programs, including personnel safety, regulatory compliance, environmental permitting, environmental sustainability, loss control, regulatory reporting, improvement projects, training, and regulatory liaison work.
4. Provide strategic and tactical leadership of company business systems (e.g. behavior-based safety, crisis management, etc.)
5. Facilitate attainment of EHS objectives through leadership and delegation utilizing systems and feedback on performance by objective quantifiable measures.
6. Assist line and staff management with implementation of safety policies.
7. Provide tools for production staff and management to identify hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control programs.
8. Assist in accident investigations with line supervisors as requested, and assure timely follow-up.
9. Plans and directs industrial hygiene services.
10. Assesses new developments in the safety and health field that may have application to the company’s operation.
11. Work with production staff to develop accident prevention plans.
12. Provide direction and support to the company’s safety committees.
13. Act as ranking company representative in dealing with government agencies on safety and health matters.
14. Coordinate the development of safety training and oversee maintenance of documentation and records.
15. Provide guidance for the incident management process including accident reporting, corrective action, worker compensation claims, return to work program, and OSHA Recordkeeping.
16. Support internal and external audit processes to ensure ongoing compliance at all facilities.
Four-year college degree in occupational safety and health management or in a related field with emphasis in industrial hygiene, and safety management (masters degree and Certified Safety Professional desirable).
Minimum of five years health, safety and environmental management experience in a manufacturing environment (experience in a multi-plant environment desirable). Key areas of experience: program development, training development and delivery, safety audits, behavioral safety, and ergonomics. Worker’s compensation and OSHA recordkeeping experience desirable.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.