Customer Development ManagerJob ID CDNCU11010 Location Toronto, ON Date posted 06/23/2020
The Customer Development Manager is the sales lead for Walmart as well as a couple of other growth accounts including Amazon and Dollar Channel. He/she will manage the customer relationship and ensure the delivery of financial (revenue/trade) results.
• Achieve assigned volume and profit goals.
• Manage trade budget to ensure both spending and net revenue targets are achieved.
• Responsible for the day to day interaction with assigned customer contacts including buyers/merchandisers/category managers/replenishment.
• Proactively identify and analyze market opportunities/issues and develop effective action plans to address.
• Successfully sell-in new product offerings and/or company initiatives.
• Anticipate customer issues and take quick actions to resolve.
• Utilize market data to identify opportunities.
• Align broker retail services to support key merchandising objectives at retail.
• Penetrate key decision makers at the customer to understand account goals/strategies and collaborate to build their business.
• Proactively bring forward recommendations to improve business procedures, etc.
• Demonstrate a positive professional attitude with company, broker and account personnel.
• Lead the development and execution of trade spending strategies that optimize trade spend across assigned customers
• Responsible to ensure the trade planning system is accurate reflecting proper revenue and trade exposure for assigned accounts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
• Trade spending account/head office experience.
• Must have 5 - 7 years of experience with recent experience calling on major national customers.
• Experience in Walmart Retail Link is a strong asset
• Sound analytical skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Self-starter and very adaptable to a dynamic environment.