UDC - SanitationJob ID UDCSA08229 Date posted 08/10/2019
This position is responsible for the daily cleaning activities and light maintenance at the Distribution Center at the Utah DC. Maintain high level of sanitation for the facilities including performing all documentation to support such cleaning activities per Post Consumer Brands and SQF requirements.
- Clean valve rooms, intake vents, lockers, racks, dock plates, electrical boxes, and 18” clearways per master cleaning schedule requirements.
- Clean and remove garbage from all trash containers with liners.
- Place caution signs for spills in facility including using proper documented procedures for cleanup.
- Sanitize equipment using proper cleaning chemicals per QSI documentation.
- Perform some exterior cleaning of facility including sweeping, racking leaves, removing bird nests, garbage removal, snow shoveling, and other activities as directed.
- Empty garbage containers in facilities including cardboard receptacles.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Store all cleaning materials in properly marked bottles and in the proper storage location.
- Maintain damage area including proper documentation and disposition.
- Attend all safety meetings and training.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Operate lift truck, utility cart, and floor scrubber in a safe manner.
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
- Ability to operate a lift-truck and successful completion of lift-truck certification.
- Ability to operate a floor scrubber / sweeper.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and understand all QSI cleaning directions.
- Need to have the ability to work pre-shift, post shift and scheduled day off hours as required.
- Must be flexible, reliable and a self-starter.
- Working in multiple facilities if required, must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must wear all required personal protective equipment, I.E. safety glasses and steel toed foot wear.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Always look for the safest and most efficient way to increase your productivity.
- Requires repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling with weight ranges of 0-60 lbs.
- Repetitive twisting, bending, and reaching of upper and lower extremities.
- Sustained trunk twisting.
- Occasional climbing and walking activities.
- Requires repetitive use of hands and feet bilaterally to operate and controls and foot pedals on forklift and floor sweeper.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
- Floor sweeper
- Personnel Basket
- Hand Tools
- Pallet Jack
- LP Tanks
- Utility Cart
- Snow shovel