Sr Manager, DistributionJob ID SRMAN13949 Location Salt Lake City, UT Date posted 03/13/2021
This leadership position will have complete oversight of distribution center operations and direct accountability for delivering financial objectives, safety, inventory management and all operational metrics. Our Supply Chain success relies on this role's influence, strategic planning and continuous improvement approach.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. General management of distribution center in compliance with all Post Consumer Brands’ (PCB) policies and procedures
2. Develop employees to achieve goals set in the following key performance indicators: OSHA rate, pallets per labor hour, cost per pallet, inventory accuracy, trailers in yard, on-time, warehouse damage and WMS compliance
3. Collaborate with Finance, and Director of Warehouse Operations to develop an annual operating budget for the DC and forecasts as needed.
4. Design and layout distribution center to create optimal productivity
5. Collaborate with HR business partners to recruit, hire and retain exempt and non-exempt team members
6. Talent Management: perform monthly 1:1 performance discussions with each employee, support the building of professional development plans, assist in succession planning, and continually improve engagement score results through identification of improvement opportunities and action taking.
7. Manage employee communications, expectations and overall accountability. Act as general support and as a communication resource for employees. Consult with employees regarding personnel and productivity problems
8. Manage employee and food safety programs in coordination with Safety Manager to ensure the safe distribution of our products.
9. Lead and drive continuous improvement efforts by improving the efficiency and quality of Supply Chain operations (e.g., promotions, post production assembly, damage reduction)
10. Ensure operations are conducted safely and within terms of company policy, contracts, government regulations, and the law. Direct employees in identifying and correcting any unsafe conditions; work to eliminate avoidable accidents/ incidents
11. Complete monthly financial reviews including invoicing approval, inventory reconciliations and DC month-end reporting
12. Maintain DC annual SQF certification
13. Coordinate forklift driver certification program
Education: Four-year degree in Logistics, Business, or related field is required.
Experience: At least 6 years of warehouse and/or transportation managerial experience for a CPG company including direct people management
Knowledge and Skills:
• Understanding of the relationships among various Supply Chain functions including Transportation, Warehousing, Customer Service, Inventory Planning and Purchasing.
• Knowledge of material handling equipment and techniques
• Understanding of and practical experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma techniques (preferred)
• Demonstrates Values, People, Performance, and Thought leadership as defined by Post Consumer Brands’ Leadership Expectations especially Win Together, Drive for Results, Lead Change, Manage Execution, and Think Strategically
• Ability to develop and achieve performance goals and objectives in the areas of productivity, sanitation, safety, quality, and cost.
• Skilled in labor management, staff development, and process development
• Decisive, with the ability to develop credibility across the organization while supporting the company’s objectives and priorities.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to diverse personalities. Tactful and mature.
• Ability to plan, staff, budget, organize, and communicate
• Ability to solve practical problems, strong analytical skills, and ability to track cost savings and cost avoidance metrics.
• Flexibility in responding to the needs of the business in a timely manner
• Able to establish priorities and obtaining results.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization as directed by the management of the company.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.