Operations Manager (Site Leader) - St. Ansgar, IAJob ID OPERA09977 Date posted 02/10/2020
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager (Site Leader)
REPORTS TO: Plant Director
Under the direction of the Plant Director, the Operations Manager is accountable for managing people safety, food safety, quality, financial performance, morale, customer service and compliance. This role allows the Operations Manager to have full site responsibility for a manufacturing facility that produces ready to eat oatmeal. The Operations Manager will develop strategies and practices that support production, continuous improvement initiatives and product quality assurance through communicated objectives and day-to-day operational goals. The Operations Manager will maintain an engaged, productive team through strong leadership, demonstrating initiative and leading by example. Additionally support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective relationships with all areas that support Operations. Provide strong working knowledge of necessary systems and resources to assist employees, other work groups, and/or customers and stakeholders. Enable crews to provide solutions to issues and improve customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Operational Effectiveness: Provide direct leadership over crew effectiveness, quality and productivity. Maintain continuous presence in the work environment and remove barriers for team. Ensure correct crew composition and skills to meet operational, reliability, customer and financial objectives. Assist in preparing resource forecasts and providing input to longer-term work plans.
- Talent Management: Recruit talented employees, participate in workforce and development planning efforts, establish clear expectations, and effectively and manage performance. Provide training, coaching and oversight and drive employee engagement.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Evaluate team performance based on operational efficiency, reliability and quality metrics; take corrective action where appropriate, focusing on process adherence and data integrity. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive adoption of process changes through effective collaboration and expectation setting.
- Develop and implement plans that are aligned with continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principles to deliver business results.
- Develop budgets, labor plans, staffing and capital expenditures.
- Evaluate business unit capabilities, skills, and resource alignment to ensure performance against objectives. Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide exceptional excellence.
- Ensure operations resources are focused and aligned on accomplishing key manufacturing tasks and are accountable for making sure they understand how it relates to the business strategy.
- Optimize and develop talent at both the hourly and salaried level through planning, assessment and actions.
- Work with a cross functional team including engineering, technical support, quality, continuous improvement, and supply chain to meet strategic goals and align with business objectives.
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals; hold employees accountable for results and behavior in accordance with company values.
- Course correct issues in the facility through the use of daily production meetings and develop actionable items that will enhance deliverables.
- Deliver effective change leadership, driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Through their teams, identify constraints limiting performance and seek out new and different solutions, leveraging expertise across the company to support.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years combined related experience, with a preference in food processing/packaging, including 5 years of supervisory experience highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, maintenance and engineering systems and processes.
- Experience successfully leading teams through change (change management) preferred
- Leadership Competencies: Drive for results; Command skills; Action-oriented; Builds effective teams; Managerial courage; Conflict management; Problem solving; Customer focus; Developing direct reports; Managing vision and purpose; Business Acumen
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.