Project EngineerJob ID PROJE08858 Date posted 10/22/2019
This position is responsible for delivering capital and value engineering projects within scope, on time, on budget and in a safe manner. This role includes all facets of the project management lifecycle from project ideation, through planning, execution and project closure. To this end, the Project Engineer performs a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, coordinating all resources and stakeholders; setting deadlines; assigning responsibilities; and monitoring, summarizing and communicating the progress of the project.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Either directly, or through designated supervisory personnel, is responsible for the following:
- Evaluate, design, improve and maintain reliable and safe processes in manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Use out of the box thinking to develop innovative solutions.
- SME for change management and project management of projects involving changes to existing asset base. adept at communicating ideas and findings to workers, team members, colleagues, clients, and management
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations.
- Work with multiple stakeholders including Operations, Quality, Logistics, Distribution, H&S, Maintenance, OEMs, contractors, Management, Hourly, HR and R&D
- Ensure Value Engineering and Capital projects are completed on time, on budget and within scope
- Develop and manage all project review processes
- Develop and apply site standards
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of H&S are met for all capital and value engineering projects
- Manage multi-trade contractors
- Maintains and fosters contacts with consultants, contractors, vendors, and material suppliers
- Assists with the development of new engineering/maintenance/operation and project management standards and maintains and improves existing standards and guidelines, implementing industry and company best practices
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding project management, change management and equipment application
- Manage external relationships with key external providers of engineering services.
- Prepare and present project updates for senior management in a timely manner.
- Manage all functions related to KPI standards and report on deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining department assets.
- Actively participate in managing department budget and meeting financial goals.
- Develop best practices for area of responsibility and be prepared to share vertically and horizontally