Warehouse Forklift Operator - night shiftJob ID FORKL13230 Location Northfield, MN Date posted 01/25/2021
This position is responsible for safely operating/leveraging warehouse equipment that may include pallet jacks, reach lifts, and/or forkliftsfollowing company procedures to assist in managing warehouse inventory. The position will support, implement and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
We Put Safety First at Post Consumer Brands: Our expectation is that every employee: Participates in safety training. Strictly follows safety policies, rules and procedures. Intervenes and corrects unsafe behaviors or conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. Recognizes others acting in a safe manner. Identifies, communicates, and removes obstacles. Incorporates safety into all job tasks.
- Safely & quickly receive and ship orders accurately and damage free to our internal and external customers
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
- Verifies location, item, and count via WMS.
- Appraises orders for exceptions and handles appropriately as required to avoid re-work.
- Evaluates quality of a product making sure it is shippable and takes corrective action as required.
- Builds and optimizes the load to reduce damage and ensure ease of unloading at destination.
- Inserts/removes slip sheets, pallets and dunnage as required.
- Accurately completes appropriate documentation.
- Inspect trailers and report findings via WMS to insure they meet Post Consumer Brands requirements.
- Perform daily lift truck inspections including light maintenance.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accurate scanning.
- Complies with all WMS procedures.
- Maintains pallet per labor-hour requirements.
- Actively participate in team meetings and training.
- Work safely within established company policies.
- Ability to drive a forklift and successful completion of forklift certification
- Must gain and understand FIFO inventory methods and procedures
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and understand shipping/receiving documents
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be flexible, reliable and a quick learner
- Always look for the safest and most efficient way to increase your team’s productivity.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have high school diploma or GED Equivalent
We currently operate on 12-hour shifts beginning at 4:00 or 5:00 AM/PM. Team Members will be scheduled for 3-4 days per week, including every other weekend.
- Requires repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing, scanning and pulling with weight ranges of 0-60 lbs.
- Repetitive twisting, bending, and reaching of upper and lower extremities.
- Sustained trunk twisting
- Occasional climbing and walking activities
- Requires repetitive use of hands and feet bilaterally to operate hand controls and foot pedals on forklift.
- Must pass warehouse position prescreen.
Equipment used to perform job
- Shell box
- LP tanks
- Film rolls
- Bar Code Scanning Equipment
- Motorized pallet mover
- Hand pallet truck
- Scissor lift
- Floor scrubber