Sr. Plant Supply Chain ManagerJob ID SRMAT14805 Location Northfield, MN Date posted 05/14/2021
Under the direction of the Plant Director, the Sr. Plant Supply Chain Manager (Materials Manager) is accountable for managing people safety, food safety, quality, financial performance, morale, customer service and compliance. It is important to develop strategies and practices that support customer service, production, continuous improvement initiatives and product quality assurance through communicated objectives and day to day operational goals. Major areas of responsibility may include production planning, material planning, labor planning, material receiving, inventory control, distribution, transportation, grain tanks, unloading pads, line supply and internal warehousing, including supervision of salaried employees. Seeks to reduce variances in organizational processes and leverages technology to positively impact quality and results. A key deliverable is to support and drive change necessary to deliver on all materials management results in alignment with business strategies while leveraging and developing people. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
This position is located in the Northfield, MN Manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Establish environments conducive to high levels of engagement and performance
- Represent Materials Management as a strategic business partner with all departments to coordinate activities within the company to drive decision quality
- Develop and implement plans that are aligned with continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principles to deliver business results
- Develop budgets, labor plans, staffing and capital expenditures
- Ensure materials management resources are focused and aligned on accomplishing key logistics tasks and are accountable for making sure they understand how it relates to the business strategy
- Through their teams, identify constraints limiting performance and seek out new and different solutions, leveraging expertise across the company to support
- Manages product handling and accounting activities for the site from warehouse receiving to Customer shipment and delivery
- Manage an efficient production plan implementation through the creation of an optimized production schedule and the associated materials planning of packaging, ingredient, commodity and WIP materials to support planned production. Participates in developing the staffing resources plan.
- Optimize and develop talent at both the hourly and salaried level through planning, assessment and actions.
- Course correct issues in the facility through the use of daily production meetings and/or department task lists and develop actionable items that will enhance deliverables
- Hold employees accountable for results and behavior in accordance with company value
- Is dedicated to providing organizational or enterprise wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes
- Develops and maintains a balanced set of metrics that measure and communicate performance
- Creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes
- All other duties as assigned.
Leadership Competencies: Customer focus, drive for results; command skills; action-oriented; builds effective teams; managerial courage; conflict management; problem solving; developing direct reports; managing vision and purpose; interpersonal savvy; business acumen, total work systems.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or related field
- Integrated planning systems training like ERP/DRP/MPS/MRP/CRP is required
- Would prefer a minimum of 10 years of combined related experience, with a preference in food processing/packaging, including at least 10 years of supervisory and leading experience
- Strong knowledge of materials management systems and processes
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Able to build relationships and inspire others
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.