Plumber/Pipefitter - Northfield, MN ** Eligible for $5000 sign-on bonus**Job ID PLUMB07860 Date posted 06/21/2019
*This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus!*
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, maintains, tests and upgrades plumbing, piping systems, equipment including:
- Schedule 40 and 80 pipe
- PVC, CPVC, Poly tubing,
- Copper, brass, stainless steel
- Steam and condensate
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic
- Rigging and Hoisting
- Tests, repairs, and maintains backflow prevention and condensate return devices.
- Troubleshoots restrictions and limitations of systems to overcome production issues and enhances performance.
- Assist with design and calculations of plumbing and piping additions or modifications. Be a resource for plant project managers and maintenance workers on plumbing/pipefitting.
- Responsible for all required permits and registrations.
- Ability to read industrial flow diagrams and plumbing blueprints and apply plumbing codes.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication skills while focused on customer service.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Manual dexterity for delicate work. Frequently stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Work in all plant areas and outside the plant which can include heights up to 30 ft, working on ladders, confined spaces and catwalks. Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, fumes, gases, odors and dust. Exposure to high noise levels. Work around moving machinery that is electrically and mechanically hazardous. Also work with highly combustible or potentially explosive equipment.
- Comfortable wearing Post Consumer Brands' uniform and required PPE including but not limited to: bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.
- Performs all other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Completed degree from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirements may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Journeyman plumbing license
- Backflow preventer and vacuum breaker testing and repair certifications or the ability to obtain both certificates in 6 months from date of hire.
PAY RATE: $36.00/hr- $42.00/hr DOQ. This position pays a competitive base pay rate plus a competitive benefits & incentives package and opportunities for overtime.
- Minimum 5 years plumbing experience.
- Experience in food plant and production systems installation and/or equipment maintenance including repair preferred.
- Ability to obtain a high-pressure piping license to work on high-pressure steam greater than 15psi and ammonia within 1 year.
- ASSE Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certificate preferred
- ASSE Certified Backflow Assembly Repairer Certificate preferred
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
5 years:Plumbing Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.