Mechatronics Maintenance TechnicianJob ID MECHA13149 Location Northfield, MN Date posted 01/07/2021
PAY RATE: $30.60/hour - $34.65/hour+ competitive benefits & incentives package. Dependent on qualifications (DOQ).
This is a PM (Night Shift) position starting between 4pm-5pm, 12 hour shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all production equipment in assigned area under the guidance of the Maintenance Team Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all production equipment and supporting infrastructure including: Mechanical troubleshooting and repair, Industrial electrical / electronic troubleshooting and repair, PLCs/ Instrumentation, robotics, plumbing, hydraulics an pneumatics, HVAC/Steam, welding and fabrication, rigging and heavy materials handling, blueprints and schematics.
- Maintain open, accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as production management.
- Accurately complete all assigned work orders in a timely manner and document all relevant information describing the completion of the work order.
- Provide all information necessary to maintain proper parts inventories.
- Work with production operators to identify process improvements wherever possible.
- Perform all work in a safe manner following all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or two-year technical certificate in Mechanics and Electronics or a related field and two years of mechanical and electrical maintenance is preferred. Knowledge of basic fluid power, industrial electricity, mechanical components, PLCs, welding, machining, robotics and rigging. Also desired is knowledge of preventative maintenance practices, plant operations and government safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of electronics including motor controllers, low voltage electrical systems, proximity switches, photo-eyes, and variable frequency drives.
- Basic understanding of various diagnostic equipment including, but not limited to, ohms meters, voltage meters, etc.
- Basic understanding of schematics and blue prints.
- Thoroughly understand and follow all OSHA and Company regulations as they relate to the maintenance field (LOTO, CSE, PPE, etc.).
- Ability to work independently when directed.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Communication and interpersonal relations as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisors, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Ability to learn computerized maintenance management system.
- Be able to recognize problem situations and take appropriate steps to resolve.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts beginning at 4:00 or 5:00 PM. Team Members will be scheduled for 3-4 days per week, including every other weekend on a regularly scheduled basis in which standing, kneeling, climbing and walking are required.
- Manual dexterity for delicate work. Frequently stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Work in all plant areas and outside the plant which can include heights up to 30 ft, working on ladders, confined spaces and catwalks. Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, fumes, gases, odors and dust. Exposure to high noise levels. Work around moving machinery that is electrically and mechanically hazardous. Also work with highly combustible or potentially explosive equipment.
- Comfortable wearingPost ConsumerBrands' uniform and required PPE including but not limited to: bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.