Forklift Operator - Wed-Sat 7pm - 5amJob ID FORKL13230 Location Northfield, MN Date posted 01/25/2021
This position is responsible for safely operating/leveraging warehouse equipment that may include pallet jacks, reach lifts, and/or forkliftsfollowing company procedures to assist in managing warehouse inventory. The position will support, implement and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.This position is scheduled from Wednesday-Saturday 7pm-5am.
We Put Safety First at Post Consumer Brands: Our expectation is that every employee: Participates in safety training. Strictly follows safety policies, rules and procedures. Intervenes and corrects unsafe behaviors or conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. Recognizes others acting in a safe manner. Identifies, communicates, and removes obstacles. Incorporates safety into all job tasks.
- Safely & quickly receive and ship orders accurately and damage free to our internal and external customers
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
- Verifies location, item, and count via WMS.
- Appraises orders for exceptions and handles appropriately as required to avoid re-work.
- Evaluates quality of a product making sure it is shippable and takes corrective action as required.
- Builds and optimizes the load to reduce damage and ensure ease of unloading at destination.
- Inserts/removes slip sheets, pallets and dunnage as required.
- Accurately completes appropriate documentation.
- Inspect trailers and report findings via WMS to insure they meet Post Consumer Brands requirements.
- Perform daily lift truck inspections including light maintenance.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accurate scanning.
- Complies with all WMS procedures.
- Maintains pallet per labor-hour requirements.
- Actively participate in team meetings and training.
- Work safely within established company policies.
- Ability to drive a forklift and successful completion of forklift certification
- Must gain and understand FIFO inventory methods and procedures
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and understand shipping/receiving documents
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be flexible, reliable and a quick learner
- Always look for the safest and most efficient way to increase your team’s productivity.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have high school diploma or GED Equivalent
This position is scheduled from Wednesday-Saturday 7pm-5am.
- Requires repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing, scanning and pulling with weight ranges of 0-60 lbs.
- Repetitive twisting, bending, and reaching of upper and lower extremities.
- Sustained trunk twisting
- Occasional climbing and walking activities
- Requires repetitive use of hands and feet bilaterally to operate hand controls and foot pedals on forklift.
- Must pass warehouse position prescreen.
Equipment used to perform job
- Shell box
- LP tanks
- Film rolls
- Bar Code Scanning Equipment
- Motorized pallet mover
- Hand pallet truck
- Scissor lift
- Floor scrubber