Cereal production, night shift, starting wage $21.55!Job ID CEREA015784 Location Northfield, MN 550561695 Date posted 07/29/2021
$21.55/hour starting pay
located in Northfield, MN
12-hour shifts beginning at 4:00 PM or 5:00 PM.
Team Members will be scheduled for 3-4 days per week, including every other weekend.
This position is responsible for safely operating processing or packaging equipment following company procedures to manufacture cereal. The position will support, implement and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
We Put Safety First at Post Consumer Brands: We expect that every employee: Participates in safety training. Strictly follows safety policies, rules, and procedures. Intervenes and corrects unsafe behaviors or conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. Recognizes others acting safely. Identifies, communicates, and removes obstacles. Incorporates safety into all job tasks.
- Under general supervision, operate, monitor, and change all equipment in the production area by following company procedures to assure it is running correctly.
- Perform an expanded list of quality checks on raw ingredients, intermediate and finished products, and packaging materials. Document all quality checks properly.
- Keep work area clean and orderly, perform sanitation audits and develop action plans to correct problem areas.
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance on all related equipment.
- Record production data required for measuring waste, downtime or production efficiency, or other pertinent data as required.
- Plan to maximize the efficiency of the Team and equipment by following production schedules.
- Communicate pertinent information with the Team Lead, the Operations Supervisor, the other shift team members, and the other support groups up to date on important information, processes, issues, and concerns
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to business success through proactive involvement in lean initiatives.
- Participate in special projects/assignments, training, and other activities of the team as required.
- Substitute for any Team Member during breaks/absence/vacation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical skills are preferred but not required. This could include mechanical knowledge, involvement with robotics, automotive or small engine repairs, or manufacturing experience. These skills do not have to be learned “on the job” but could be learned through education or life experiences.
- Ability to learn the operation of a wide range of food processing and packaging equipment
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Candidates must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a high-performance team environment.
- Ability to read and write in English to complete required documentation
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and think critically through a variety of problems
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to stand and perform hands-on work for the length of a 12-hour shift
- All applicants must pass a background check, physical work screen, and drug test.
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Income Protection
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Variable Incentive Pay
- Employee Assistance Program