Sr Tableau AnalystJob ID SRBUS14202 Location Lakeville, MN Date posted 04/06/2021
As a Senior Business Reporting Analyst, you will hold a highly visible analytical role that requires interaction and partnership with leaders across the business. You will be responsible to conceptualize design and produce visually compelling business reporting solutions through dashboards, reports, and cubes using reporting tools, applications and queries/scripts. You should be an expert with analyzing large data sets, enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes and designing long term. The candidate should be an effective communicator capable of driving solutions and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
Major Job Activities and Duties
- Responsible for capturing, interpreting and understanding the needs of the business. Analyzes, evaluates and documents report requests to understand and prioritize requests.
- Ensure timely development of Business Reporting/Metrics Dashboards to drive alignment within the Executive team and across the company while ensuring consistency and standardization across all areas of reporting.
- Effectively communicate and recommend innovative reporting/analyses to peers and management to support more agile decision making.
- Responsible for combining data from various sources to develop integrated reports that can be used to drive decision making. This could include the use of data warehouse sources, TM1 sources, and other structured data sources.
- Create, enhance, maintain and troubleshoot reporting tools (Tableau). Support reporting tool upgrades as required to keep up with technology.
- Create, enhance, and maintain aggregate tables/extracts via the data warehouse to enable business reporting through visual dashboards, interactive reports etc.
- Leads the development of new sources of data to improve analyses and reporting, working closely with the data warehousing team.
- Responsible for data mining and analytics for enterprise decision support.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and drive for solutions. Implement best practices and standards based on industry research.
- Develop documentation and provide training on applications and appropriate use of data/information on a periodic basis as well as ad-hoc user support.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced analysts on topics such as analysis, documentation, industry best practices, efficient modeling of data etc.
- Have an inquisitive nature, to dig in when something does not make sense and always driving for better.
- Perform ad hoc duties as needed based on changing business needs.
- Role will mature into Business Analytics: Using data to predict the future instead of just reporting on the past).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance/Accounting, Data Science, Computer Science or related degree.
Experience: 5+ years of business reporting experience (preferably in Tableau)
- Experience with the Tableau reporting tool
- Programming/scripting experience (SQL-joins and union, Python), HTML and knowledge of software development life cycle.
- A strong understanding of database design and data warehousing concepts, familiar with any database query engine like SQL Developer/Toad.
- Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, organize, and set priorities is critical to success.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change in a dynamic business environment.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.