Sr. Business Analyst Customer Strategy & Trade - Lakeville, MNJob ID SRBUS06999 Date posted 03/26/2019
Reports directly to the Director, Customer Strategy & Trade. The Sr. Business Sales Analyst provides direct support to CS&T Managers, assisting with sales data analysis, trend analysis, general reporting, financial management, communication and daily monitoring of business trends and performance. This position plays an important role monitoring real-time business issues, interpreting data and helping to develop action plans to address key issues or to take advantage of incremental opportunities. Additionally, support the Account Executives, on their questions and requests, collecting data and other various business needs.
Provide direct support to the Director of CS&T for business planning and reporting. This includes tracking and evaluating account and brand plans results versus business plan and communicating issues and opportunities accordingly. In addition, this position will include indirect support other CDO functions including SVP-CCO, VP-CS&T, CatMan team, and CDO support. Key areas of focus will be:
- Utilize communication tools to understand, evaluate and comprehensively communicate gross $volume/pound lifts and estimate Net Sales based on TPS promotions.
- Provide regular field sales communication - to include business results, system training and best methods. Utilize internal systems, Customer data sources and Nielsen for weekly scorecarding templates and monthly post-promotional evaluation to identify future growth opportunities and to allow the Field Sales Force to evaluate the execution of promotions.
- Provide support for IBP process by rolling up reporting for weekly consumption, pricing, and distribution trends. This will require meeting weekly with cross-functional managers to assess the latest events that will impact current volume assessments (risks and drivers)
- Provide any needed assistance requested in planning/recapping quarterly planning sessions.
- Participate in various training activities to enhance job performance and personal growth
- Various other responsibilities based on evolving business needs
Able to support PCB Customer Sales Teams and perform Customer planning & post event analysis, scorecard assessment (i.e. reviewing business plan vs. business results), etc.
Ability to learn and identify key trends/drivers of changes in the business for weekly reporting benefit.
Minimum education required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
4 to 6 years of related work experience. CPG retail experience strongly preferred.
Technical Skills highly proficient in Excel, Experience with Trade planning tools, Advanced PCB Business Insights applications; able to quickly learn and use other company systems as well as Customer/vendor systems
Decision Making Skills
Problem Solving Skills
Strong Written, verbal communication, and presentation Skills
Strong MS Office skills
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.