Senior Manager of Supply Chain PlanningJob ID SRMGR07836 Date posted 06/21/2019
The Sr. Supply Chain Planning Manager is accountable for the development of strategies and plans to meet customer service goals and optimize finished goods inventory levels. The incumbent is responsible for and ensures an effective plan execution in the following areas: master supply planning, inventory strategy and planning, production strategy, and postproduction assembly planning. This position is responsible for the entire company finished-goods inventory (~150 Million pounds). This position is accountable for adopting and maintaining the management operating system within the respective planning functions. The Sr. Supply Chain Planning Manager interacts with, influences and collaborates with all manufacturing sites (9 plant facilities and 7 distribution centers) to create, audit and optimize the total company supply plan (~1 Billion annual pounds), capacity and inventory plan to improve service and total cost performance. The incumbent develops strategies and practices that support customer service, optimize production, and support continuous improvement initiatives through communicated objectives and operational goals. This position seeks to assess risk and reduce variances in organizational processes while leveraging technology to positively impact quality and results. This position has a key role in developing and executing the strategic direction for objectives in network efficiency and inventory optimization specifically. Leadership responsibilities include supervising a team of Master Supply Planners and Post Assembly Production Planners, working with the broader supply chain functions, Customer Strategy and Trade, Business Operations, Finance and a lead role in the Integrated Business Planning process (IBP) monthly cycle.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Lead and champion supply chain planning strategies, policies, processes and efforts that increase efficiency, profitability, and sustain company goals, objectives and growth. Develop relationships with functional departments and supply chain teams to ensure cohesive planning and alignment.
• Drive the Supply Review of both short-term and long-term plans as part of the IBP process. Accountable for delivering the total company supply plan through each IBP cycle for a rolling 18 period horizon. Responsible for optimizing the plan for cost and network efficiencies. Translate technology handoff for finance team to review plant impacts. Run new demand scenarios to determine feasibility. (New responsibility 15% of time)
• Fulfill the trade pallets promotional plan for the company through management of the postproduction assembly process. (New responsibility 10% of time – 2 additional direct reports and associated process leadership)
• Provide overall guidance on stage gate projects representing Supply Chain into Stage 3 of the process. (New responsibility 5% of time)
• In collaboration with Supply Chain leadership teams. Implement, adopt, and audit the management operating system for supply chain planning. Establish a culture of continuous improvement across the supply chain planning teams to eliminate waste and defects throughout the processes.
• Establish individual and team performance direction. Ensure supply chain planning teams follow appropriate processes and procedures, leading changes or improvements as needed. Removes barriers when needed.
• Develop and maintain metrics that measure and communicate performance (i.e. case fill, inventory metrics including excess and secondary sales, production plan performance, etc.).
• Prepare annual and long-range Supply Chain Planning plans that summarize how the department will support Company objectives.
Leadership Competencies: customer focus, drive for results; command skills; action-oriented; managerial courage; conflict management; problem solving; managing vision and purpose; interpersonal savvy; business acumen, total work systems.
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or related field is preferred
• Integrated planning systems training like ERP/DRP/MPS/MRP/CRP is required
• Would prefer a minimum of 7-10 years of combined related experience, with a preference in food processing/packaging, including at least 2 years of manufacturing experience
• Strong knowledge of Supply Chain management systems and processes
• Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
• Able to build relationships and inspire others
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.