Senior Manager IT Project Management OfficeJob ID SRMAN07171 Date posted 04/18/2019
The Senior Manager, IT is responsible for leading our IT Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO will cover multiple project and portfolio management responsibilities, including tracking the health of the IT project portfolio, identifying portfolio risks and inter-dependencies, and maximizing the effectiveness of IT project managers. This person will be expected to help drive the adoption of standard project management processes throughout the IT organization and be a strong influencer for non-IT project team members and sponsors.Additionally, the PMO Leader will lead IT 1-2 projects of various sizes. Keeps leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results.
At PCB, our PMO Leader will also act as Scrum master/coach and manage Scrum teams. PCB is in the early stages of adopting Agile and is looking for a servant leader who can help us mature our Agile practices. As a Scrum Master you will be working with PCB management and teams to facilitate planning and execution of projects through the full project lifecycle. As master/coach for Scrum teams, the leader will also be responsible for driving adoption of Scrum, in collaboration with business leadership.
IT PMO RESPONSIBILITIES (40%+):
• Project Management Office: Lead efforts to mature and operate IT PMO to provide oversight and transparency into our project portfolio, resource allocation/management and project execution. Collaborate with enterprise PMO as necessary on process and portfolio management.
• Project Management Excellence: Lead a small team of IT Project Leaders (both FTE and Contract). Develop team project management skills and processes in our project managers, both inside the PMO and within our IT engineering teams; deploy innovative delivery methods like Agile to drive velocity in the delivery of IT projects
• PMO Compliance: Ensure PMO processes are designed and executed in compliance with relevant regulatory and security controls; support data collection requirements for post project audits as needed.
• PPM Tool Administration: Administer standard PPM tool to manage PCB IT project portfolio.
• Project Management Services: Deliver project management services and tools to support the execution of our IT projects which contain funding for dedicated project managers. Work in collaboration with the IT Quality Assurance function to define and drive adoption of Application Development Lifecycle activities.
• IT Project Budgets – partner with IT Coordinator and other Business functional/IT managers to ensure adequate project funding and manage cash flow.
Creates, manages and executes project/program plans.
• Builds strong working relationships with team members, vendors/contractors, business and IT partners to aide in effective definition and execution of projects
• Ensures the establishment of scope and priorities, management of risks/issues/dependencies, implementation of solutions, and change management activities.
AGILE AND SCRUM RESPONSIBILITIES (30%):
• Manage or coach multiple scrum teams (1 – 2) as Scrum Master or advisor. Provide expertise and guidance for scrum teams on Agile/Scrum and promote appropriate best practices. Over time, develop additional Scrum Masters on team.
• Meeting Facilitation: sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, feedback meetings, sprint reviews/retrospectives.
• Backlog oversight: Helps product owner in ensuring the product backlogs are in good shape and ready for the next sprint. Oversees and gives guidance to scrum teams on user story capacity during sprint planning.
• Assist scrum teams in resolving questions and blockers.
• Build effective relationships and communication across teams.
• Help PCB develop organizational agile/scrum standards and best practices and drive organization adoption of Agile Mindset.
• Ensure that scrum teams are functioning as efficiently and effectively as possible to execute against highest value priorities.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated high level of analytical, problem-solving, and listening skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence change within an organization
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (plan, design, development, testing, and deployment) and have worked with both business and technology teams
• Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor team members in Agile Methodologies
• Sound financial management skills and mindset
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – you’re articulate, poised and convincing
• Must possess the ability to lead, participate and contribute in a team environment.
• Strong leadership skills, including but not limited to: collaborative attitude, providing constructive feedback, driving for results, aligning priorities with business objectives, and strong communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in MIS, computer science, or other technical field
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) - Preferred
• Continuous Improvement (Lean/6-Sigma) training and certification - Preferred
• 7+ Years of management experience, leading technical and functional resources, preferably in an IT or technical organization, including: applications development, implementation, and maintenance
• 5+ Years in a formal agile environment coaching and leading teams
• Experience working with and leading mature Agile Scrum teams and providing coaching as a Scrum Master.
• A background in enterprise systems implementation and SDLC - especially at a CPG company
• Demonstrated experience building winning teams, identifying growth opportunities in others, developing talent, and recognizing talent gaps.
• Demonstrated project management or delivery experience.
o Acquisition and business integration experience
o Experience within a food manufacturing or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company.
o Experience in functional information systems applications, including applications development, implementation, and maintenance.
o Experience with Remedy as a service desk intake tool.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.