Senior Financial AnalystJob ID SENIO07817 Date posted 06/15/2019
Job Function: This position will serve as a Finance partner to the Three Sisters natural and organic business by providing analytical and decision support with a focus on pricing and profit. This position will also work closely with other Sr. Finance Analysts on the Revenue Management Team to proactively deliver business and financial insights and variance analysis across different brands, categories, regions and technologies. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, be able to independently and effectively navigate and interact across multiple functions and thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Support Three Sisters Marketing by creating P&Ls for new products. This includes:
- Gathering and validating cost inputs, including raw materials, labor and transportation.
- Partnering with the Trade team to incorporate a trade rate assumption to capture price discounts, merchandising fees and slotting.
- Analyzing competitive pricing and recommending a gross price structure that aligns to a price slope and is appropriate by channel.
- Presenting alternative price/size/cost scenarios that would help achieve financial objectives.
- Prepare and assess monthly financial results for Three Sisters, providing implications of business trends and variances while highlighting opportunity areas.
- Support the monthly forecasting process of the brands by validating volumes, trends and ensuring accuracy of inputs.
- Actively participate in monthly business review meetings and the IBP process.
- Work with team members to share insights and continuously improve processes, reporting and enhanced decision making.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization in order to provide meaningful and timely insights and guidance.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. MBA Preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Finance, Pricing, Strategic Planning or related Business Analysis role.
- Previous food industry, CPG or manufacturing experience strongly desired.
- Experience building and managing P&Ls.
- Experience with ACNielsen market data a plus.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to think critically, draw conclusions from information and develop recommendations.
- Must be able to effectively interact, collaborate and communicate across multiple functions in the organization, cooperating and building consensus to drive results.
- Ability to influence business decisions with concrete financial support.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload in an environment of competing priorities.
- Must be organized, thorough and accurate.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers.
- Computer skills: Advanced use of Excel; PowerPoint; TM1 experience a plus.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.