Senior Financial Analyst (TM1 Modeler)Job ID SENIO08010 Date posted 07/03/2019
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will hold a highly visible analytical role that requires interaction and partnership with leaders across the business. You will be responsible to conceptualize design and produce visually compelling business reporting solutions through dashboards, reports, and cubes using reporting tools, applications and queries/scripts. You should be an expert with analyzing large data sets, enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes and designing long term solutions. This individual will also support TM1 development in regards to reporting solutions, Budgeting/Forecasting, and other process improvement solutions within TM1. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed without sacrificing accuracy or system performance. The candidate should be an effective communicator capable of driving solutions and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
Major Job Activities and Duties
• Responsible for capturing, interpreting and understanding the needs of the business. Analyzes, evaluates and documents report requests to understand and prioritize requests.
• Ensure timely development of Business Reporting/Metrics Dashboards to drive alignment within the Executive team and across the company while ensuring consistency and standardization across all areas of reporting.
• Effectively communicate and recommend innovative reporting/analyses to peers and management to support more agile decision making.
• Responsible for combining data from various sources to develop integrated reports that can be used to drive decision making. This could include the use of data warehouse sources, TM1 sources, and other structured data sources.
• Create, enhance, maintain and troubleshoot Cognos Analytics and TM1 Planning Analytics. Support tool upgrades as required to keep up with technology.
• Create, enhance, and maintain Cognos Framework Manager Models and support the creation of aggregate tables through the data warehouse to enable business reporting through visual dashboards, interactive reports etc.
• Leads the development of new sources of data to improve analyses and reporting, working closely with the data warehousing team.
• Responsible for data mining and analytics for enterprise decision support.
• Identify process improvement opportunities and drive for solutions. Implement best practices and standards based on industry research.
• Develop documentation and provide training on applications and appropriate use of data/information on a periodic basis as well as ad-hoc user support.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced analysts on topics such as analysis, documentation, industry best practices, efficient modeling of data etc.
• Have an inquisitive nature, to dig in when something does not make sense and always driving for better.
• Perform ad hoc duties as needed based on changing business needs.
• Role will mature into Business Analytics: Using data to predict the future instead of just reporting on the past).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related degree.
Experience: 1-2 years of business reporting experience (preferably in Cognos Analytics and TM1 (Planning Analytics), 3+ years budgeting, and forecasting experience with increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
1. Experience with reporting tools like Cognos Report Studio, Cognos Dashboards.
2. Hands on system development experience with cube engine tools (TM1, Cognos, Essbase) preferred.
3. Programming/scripting experience (SQL-joins and union), HTML and knowledge of software development life cycle.
4. A strong understanding of database design and data warehousing concepts, familiar with any database query engine like SQL Developer/Toad.
5. Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills.
6. Ability to effectively communicate, organize, and set priorities is critical to success.
7. Ability to deal with ambiguity and change in a dynamic business environment.
8. A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.