Regional Vice President - Manufacturing - Lakeville, MNJob ID REGIO08072 Date posted 07/12/2019
The Regional Vice President Manufacturing leads and directs multi-plant Manufacturing Operations. Ensures that appropriate resources are allocated to achieve strategic financial and business objectives. Develops strategic goals while aligning tasks with company policies and procedures. Thisposition interacts with all functions within the organizationand acts as a keydecision makerregarding opportunities related to the intersection of Customer Solutions and Operational Excellence.
Functional responsibilities of this position includes manufacturing leadership of 2-5 manufacturing locations, oversees the operating budget to deliver on strategic objectives relative to Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Cost and Employee Engagement. In addition, this position will work with the various corporate functions to develop and implement strategies that position the company to be accident free and the lowest cost producer of preferred product by driving optimal performance and year-on-year improvements. This role will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that that delivers real time feedback and quantifiable metrics leading to best practices on all aspects of performance. This role will also support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality to maintain preference and industry leadership.
- Leads and directs the Manufacturing Operations function for their respective plants, to obtain optimum performance, while reaching strategic goals
- Drives change transformation and strategy execution while delivering on creation of an accident free workplace that delivers safe and preferred products to consumers, in alignment with our overall corporate continuous improvement strategy.
- Reviews and establishes strategies and actions resulting in continuous improvement in safety, productivity, product quality, customer service, quality of work life, and lowers manufacturing costs.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategies that maximize operational effectiveness/performance while partnering with other divisions to develop actionable plans to improve overall operational effectiveness while meeting growth objectives.
- Ensure all aspects of management systems and tools are properly implemented and utilized with high data integrity and operational readiness guaranteeing proper usage and management.
- Participates in the corporate strategic planning process and develops long- range plans to meet corporate cost, profit and growth objectives to become and remain the low cost producer.
- Allocates adequate resources (people, time, dollars) to various manufacturing departments to enable completion of department goals and objectives.
- Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results and incorporates broad knowledge to address complex, unusual and critical issues
- Ensures that manufacturing processes are optimized for each product, and that process controls are in place
- Designs, implements and leads best-in-class business process including manufacturing systems optimization, supply chain development, customer satisfaction and quality improvements
- Oversees technical and professional development of the Manufacturing Operations function
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Ensures that manufacturing activities are in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
Education: MBA preferred
Management Skills: Ability to allocate limited resources among and within company functions; ability to establish operating and capital expenditure budgets; ability to develop, communicate and motivate staff to execute the manufacturing plan; ability to establish department goals and monitor performance; ability to hire, train, provide managerial guidance, review performance, negotiate, work with external groups/individuals.
Internal: Works with all levels of leadership to solve problems, coordinate business activities, and exchange of information. Represents site as primary interface with the organization on matter of: quality, safety, production scheduling, distribution, HR, maintenance, engineering, R&D, etc.
External: May interact with local media, vendors, inspectors, customers, consultants, etc.
1. Must deal with all business operating and facility issues to bring both manufacturing and company resources to expected performance level.
2. Manage on-going activities of manufacturing site: coordinating all local activities; integrating remote site with corporate objectives.
3. Must define and measure appropriate activities to insure business deliverables.
Work Structure: Works under the direction of the VP Manufacturing. Business plans forecasts set priorities; incumbent responds to manage variation in plan to meet demands of the business while sustaining cost and quality objectives. Incumbent allocates assigned resources to meet demands.
Responsibilities:Responsible for plant safety, product quality, efficiencies, reliability, maintenance and staff development/engagement while and meeting customer service requirements. Errors have potential of creating significant safety, quality and dollar loss, adverse impact on future growth and profitability, and adverse impact on the work environment.