Quality Assurance Regulatory Tech III, Lakeville, MNJob ID QUALI06570 Date posted 02/04/2019
This role provides regulatory support to the company as it pertains to food manufacturing and works under the guidance of the Regulatory Manager or Senior Regulatory Scientist. This position will interact with other departments to assure product labels are in compliance with government regulations and company policies.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide regulatory guidance on labels, claims, and customer-specific requirements while working across R&D, Quality Assurance, Sales, Marketing, Graphics, and Consumer Affairs.
- Provide technical information and perspective on nutrition facts panels, claims, nutrition validation laboratory analysis, new products, and ingredients.
- Develop and maintain nutrition and ingredient documentation
- Review and provide regulatory guidance on package graphics. Work with graphics and marketing departments to ensure compliance to FDA regulatory guidelines.
- Create and revise ingredient statements and nutrition facts panels as requested. Work with Product Development to ensure compliance to FDA and CFIA regulations, and to programs such as CFBAI, WIC, USDA School Breakfast, military, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to technical inquiries.
- Support new product and product improvement projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain product information documents for use in customer communication.
- Enter quality and regulatory information into customer portals as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Regulatory Manager
Education: Bachelor’s degree in food science, nutritional science or food safety is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food regulatory affairs.
- Knowledge of food and ingredient standards and FDA food labeling regulations.
- Experience with Canadian and International labeling regulations preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced work organizational skills
- Ability to develop and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage projects within a given time frame to consistently meet deadlines
- Results-orientation with strong attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills with the emphasis on presenting solutions
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including the use of database systems are needed, as are excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under application federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.