Product Change ManagerJob ID PRODU13381 Location Lakeville, MN Date posted 01/26/2021
The Product Change Manager leads end-to-end commercialization initiatives for PCB. Seeking a highly motivated individual to drive a business-critical role of delivering commercialization excellence at Post Consumer Brands, and provide critical visibility across many different functions. As part of a dedicated Commercialization Team, this individual will be responsible for leading and supporting the planning and execution of commercialization processes across all brands for the US retail business. The PCM functions as a project manager for stage gate approved projects, develops project schedules and timelines, manages risks, develops and executes communication plans and leads project team meetings across a wide variety of project types (innovation, cost out, renovation, etc.). This individual will champion and leverage standard commercialization tools and processes, and hold their cross-functional teams accountable for adhering to and delivering expected standards. They will interface with all functions throughout the end-to-end development and launch of initiatives to deliver projects within the specified time, cost, and quality parameters. They will also play a critical role in problem solving and root cause analysis for driving continuous improvement.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Lead project meetings with cross-functional teams to deliver projects within time, scope, and budget, upon stage gate approval and resource allocation. This includes developing, managing, and updating the project schedule and critical path for assigned projects, risk identification and mitigation, escalation planning and execution, tracking baseline budget and key financials, and meeting established project deliverables.
• Use the established commercialization tools, e.g., project plan templates, meeting notes, stage gate documentation, and project reporting to complete work.
• Ensure functional team members are using their checklists and other standard commercialization tools to support commercialization excellence and stage gate discussion (via scorecards).
• Manage and understand the Marketing Initiated Work Order (MIWO) process (the process to document all critical elements of SKU product details) and how to create and manage MIWO’s through the system efficiently.
• Enable best practices by properly closing out projects, capturing key learnings, and working with the broader commercialization team to continuously improve tools by leveraging standard problem solving methodologies.
• Critical Leadership Expectations: Drive for Results, Manage Execution, Be Courageous (Actively Influence), Think Critically (Make Decisions), and Win Together.
• Minimum 2+ years of project management experience. 2+ years of experience in a consumer products environment is preferred.
• Understanding of product commercialization processes and tools.
• Understanding of project management best practices and discipline.
• Solid understanding of the product development (R&D, Graphics, Supply Chain) is preferred.
BS or BA degree in Business or Technical (e.g., Food Science, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain) field.
PMP certification is preferred
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.