Planning & Analytics InternJob ID INTER06533 Date posted 02/06/2019
WHO WE ARE
Post Consumer Brands was formed in 2015 through the merger of Post Foods and MOM Brands and is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc. Today, our primary business is cereal, which gives us a strong platform for growth. As America’s third-largest cereal manufacturer, we offer the broadest portfolio of brands in the industry — from iconic heritage cereals to value cereals to NON-GMO Project verified and hot cereal varieties. We are driven by one idea: make better happen. For our customers and consumers. Our employees. And our communities.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS AN INTERN
We are a different kind of Cereal Company. At Post Consumer Brands, you will spend 12 weeks being a key player on your team, working on important projects that have a BIG impact. At the end of your internship, you will formally present your summer work to your team and cross functional partners. Interning at PCB is not all work in the office. You will have opportunities to network with other interns and their managers at social events throughout the summer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Business Reporting and Analytics department at Post Consumer Brands is responsible for developing reports and interactive dashboards of key performance indicators and distributing those to key stakeholders in the organization. We are responsible for recognizing and understanding trends impacting the business and sharing key learnings in an easily digestible format. As an intern, you will help the department meet the reporting needs of internal customers. You will provide analytical support to the Finance department during the summer budgeting and month-end processes. In addition to validating business rules and allocation methodologies, you will help analysts gain additional insight by leveraging existing, under-explored data sources. The position requires a candidate who is detail-oriented with strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills who takes initiative, can be trusted with confidential information, and is able to manage ambiguity and changing priorities in a dynamic business environment. A candidate must be able communicate effectively with business partners and possess strong team building and interpersonal skills.
Some responsibilities include:
• Gather requirements, develop, and deploy dashboard reports in IBM Cognos
• Provide forecast vs actual variance and trend analysis
• Validate key drivers and budget assumptions
• Research improvements to daily net sales forecasting method, tracking accuracy vs baseline
• Test cost allocation methodologies in product profitability reporting
• Use Excel, R, or Python to analyze large data sets and present findings to stakeholders
• Use SQL to explore data sources in data warehouse
• Help analysts migrate manual, excel based business processes into standardized TM1 models
• Automate repetitive actions in Excel using VBA
• Expand forecasting model self-diagnostic methods using TM1 scripting language
• Prepare and scrutinize capital project cash flow analyses
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Junior or senior pursuing a 4-year or Master’s Degree at an institution with an accredited program in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• Second major or minor in MIS, Data Analytics, or interest/experience in any programming language preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.