Marketing Finance SpecialistJob ID MARKE07854 Date posted 06/21/2019
This position will assist the Finance strategic business partner supporting the broader Marketing organization. Key support areas will include Brand & Customer Marketing (A&C), Revenue Management Team (Finance), and Graphics. The ideal analyst would have a curiosity, questioning and reasoned approach to business and marketing topics. This individual will navigate and interact across multiple functions, and thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
Job Activities and Duties
1. Manage the Vendor Set Up process and prepare purchase requisitions to support timely vendor payment and manage invoice submissions to ensure Marketing budget holders have clear visibility to actual spend levels. Support monthly functional review meetings.
2. Support the Brand P&L process by managing the Event & Coupon expense accrual process. Ensure that transactions are organized efficiently and effectively to facilitate streamlined reporting against Brand profitability. Provide education to Marketing partners on Finance processes and procedures.
3. Support the Brand Finance Analysts in updating current month and balance of year spending forecast. Support monthly functional review meetings and ensure budget holders have clear visibility to actual spend levels.
4. Record journal entries and perform account reconciliations. Manage monthly reviews of liability accounts to ensure actual expense is recorded accurately.
5. Support all necessary spend reclassifications by providing research and resolving discrepancies. Ensure tight alignment across all affected parties.
6. Maintain key documents and serve as an audit contact for marketing financial procedures.
7. Work closely with the Marketing Finance Manager to set spending targets that align to PCB’s annual plan and build financial models to create a consolidated plan.
8. Perform ad hoc financial duties as necessary to support the Marketing Finance Manager, Brand Finance Analysts or the broader Revenue Management Team.
Education: College degree preferred in finance, accounting or business administration.
Experience: Experience with matrixed processes in a Public Company environment is a plus.
Skills: Strong quantitative analysis skills are required. Ability to effectively communicate, organize, and clarify priorities is critical to success. This position will interface with a diverse constituency across a large Marketing and Finance organization. Strong spreadsheet skills are an important requirement. The candidate must be able to operate independently
Management Skills: This individual must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects with aggressive and changing timelines. Success in this role will require effective communication across several functional areas including Finance, Purchasing, and Marketing.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.