Linux System AdministratorJob ID LINUX07897 Date posted 07/09/2019
This role supports the Linux computing environment for Post Consumer Brands in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Regular responsibilities include: Daily support for core linux application and database servers, patching and linux installation/upgrades, support for Oracle virtualization, backup support for Oracle databases, primary management of job scheduling systems, secondary support for application systems like JDE and Datastage that run on linux, and monitoring of primary SAN storage. The Linux System Administrator will work closely with the database administrator, other system administrators, and IT BSAs and developers to insure the primary system and storage environments are working properly.
Linux Administration (up to 40%):
• Ensure 50 linux servers have adequate setup, performance, storage, security, backups, and integration/synchronization
• Monitor and resolve problems on linux servers and services related to apps on linux
• Patch linux test and production servers
• Monitor, support, upgrade, and patch Oracle virtualization environment
• Provide scripting and integration support to IT related to linux environments and apps
Oracle Database physical support (up to 20%):
• Work with Oracle DBA to validate Oracle Databases are running properly
• Use Oracle Cloud management tools to spot Oracle DB problems
• Demonstrate ability to refresh DBs and restart DB services
• Validate Oracle backups are working properly
Job Scheduling (up to 10%):
• Provide primary support of production and test job scheduling environment
• Make changes to production and test batch schedules
• Monitor and report on failed jobs to IT or business partners
SAN Support (less than 10%):
• Monitor production and test/dev primary SAN storage, keeping storage metrics.
• Provision storage volumes to linux servers and integrate
IT Application and Integration support (less than 10%):
• Support techologies for integrating linux servers and applications with Active Directory
• Support IT developers with scripting, setting up services, etc.
Other duties (as needs arise):
• Work with other IT Infrastructure staff for new application and server rollouts
• Work with other IT staff in implementation of new projects or company acquisitions.
• Provide information to auditors and make changes as necessary for audit compliance.
• 4 year college degree degree preferred
Experience & Skills:
• 3-5 years experience working in and supporting mid to large scale enterprise linux environments.
• Strong skills in building, provisioning, patching, and monitoring linux servers for performance, security, disk space and key services.
• Past experience with Oracle databases is strongly preferred.
• Experience with job scheduling software is desirable.
• Experience with JDE, Datastage, and other PCB applications is desirable.
• Excellent customer serivce skills and positive attitude, even under high pressure situations.
• Creative problem solving skills
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies through formal and informal means.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize/execute tasks in high-pressure fast paced environment.
• Ability to accomplish goals and form teams through influence
• Experience and ability to teach, coach and guide team members and peers
• Highly confident, self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
• Good organization skills to maintain multiple work queues and thorough change management.
• Understands the role and importance of information security
• Self-starter mentality with strong sense of ownership to take responsibility for system availability and performance.
• Ability to manage internal or external resources to implement projects.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.