Engineering CoordinatorJob ID ENGIN07859 Date posted 06/21/2019
This role supports the efficient operations of the Post Consumer Brands’ Corporate Engineering department in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Regular responsibilities include: project accounting, project documentation, meeting facilitation and coordination, oversight of project accounting systems and general support to the Engineering Department. This role will help execute and lead Engineering Capital Accounting focused projects and initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Oversee capital project processes.
• Provide assistance in preparing capital appropriation requests (CAR’s). Enter approved CAR’s into project accounting system.
• Help facilitate and organize monthly CAR approval meetings, departmental monthly meetings and quarterly engineering meetings.
• Provide capital project process training.
• Help develop the next year and five-year capital plan with capital planning team
• Follow up on projects that need to be closed or change orders written.
• Handle misc. Accounting Dept. requests dealing with capital projects.
• Work with accounting to update and manage equipment and building asset data base.
• Set up files, file retrieval and file maintenance.
• Take meeting minutes for Capital Project meetings.
• Help plan and coordinate annual Engineering Summit.
• Update and have oversight of the Project Accounting Manual
• Update and post Engineering key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Oversee and update department SharePoint site.
• Enter requisitions and PO’s as needed.
• Develop and assist with PowerPoint presentations.
• Works with all levels within the organization. Extensive interaction with Accounting Department.
• Will have phone contact with outside vendors, consultants, contractors and other resources.
• Prioritize own workload daily to meet changing deadlines, priorities and work assignments.
• Maintain a general knowledge of company goals, plant systems and possess an understanding of some technical vocabulary.
• Ascertain problems with the project accounting system.
• Direct inquiries to appropriate resources in absence of supervisor.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Very strong skills with Microsoft Office tools, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Past experience (or ability to learn) using JDE E1 procurement
• Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude, even under high pressure situations
• Creative problem solving skills
• Ability to quickly change priorities or objectives
• SharePoint administration skills and experience
• Strong facilitation and influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure fast paced environment
• Ability to accomplish goals and form teams through influence within Corporate Engineering and across the larger organization
• Experience and ability to teach, coach and guide team members and peers
• Highly confident, self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization including the executive team
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to balance and prioritize workload with requests coming from numerous staff
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language
• Four-year degree in business, finance, engineering or other related field or equivalent years of experience preferred
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Post Consumer Brands is an equal opportunity employer.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.