Customer Solutions Manager - Supply Chain - Lakeville, MNJob ID CUSTO09998 Date posted 02/10/2020
By effectively leading a team of Customer Solutions Representatives, this leader partners with customers, Sales leadership, and other Supply Chain departments to provide customer solutions that achieve operational excellence while meeting customer service metrics and expectations. Key areas of focus and development include: quality, cost, reliability, and resiliency.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Lead customer solutions teams to achieve goals in Supply Chain Metrics such as: Case Fill, On Time Delivery, Invoice accuracy, and others.
2. Effectively manage service issues and disputes between Post Consumer Brands and our Customers.
3. Oversee process and standard work documentation
4. Manage the business by balancing service and cost-to-serve initiatives.
5. Monitor order processing to ensure the timely and correct processing of orders and invoices
6. Take active role in communicating demand/supply opportunities and constraints to internal partners; monitors daily operations to ensure business priorities are met.
7. Proactively establish and implement countermeasures to negative trends.
8. Direct and develop effective and efficient work systems, processes, procedures and performance measurements in order to keep pace with changes in business demands, technologies, and customer expectations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Supply Chain and an understanding/working knowledge of Customer Solutions, credit/collections, accounts receivable, and sales functions.
• Drive for Results: Expects others to act quickly to address critical issues and opportunities. Sets challenging goals for the team; expects the team to meet or exceed expectations. Clarifies expectations and accountabilities; holds self and others accountable for delivering expected results.
• Build Winning Teams: Assesses fit with team needs and engages and retains talented team members. Effectively balances the direction and autonomy provided to others; allows people to determine how best to accomplish their objectives. Engages the team by encouraging others to exceed expectations and recognizes others for their contributions.
• Develop Talent: Has an accurate understanding of own strengths and limitations; takes action to address own development needs. Identifies opportunities to improve team and individual performance; sets expectations and goals for improvement; provides feedback and coaching to others. Promotes the importance of ongoing leadership development; identifies and discusses career interests and options; actively develops successors for own role.
• Manage Execution: Allocates and adapts team resources to sustain needed focus and energy on the team’s greatest priorities; helps manage competing or conflicting priorities. Holds the team accountable to established metrics to measure progress toward goals. Ensures the team understands the key factors that drive PCB’s success.
Education: Four-year degree (required) preferably in Logistics, Business, or related field
Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in a CPG supply chain management role with direct supervision responsibility of five or more employees.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Understanding of the relationships among various Supply Chain functions including Transportation, Warehousing, Customer Solutions, Inventory Planning and Purchasing.
• Knowledge of material handling equipment and techniques
• Understanding of and practical experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma techniques (preferred)
• Skilled in labor management, staff development, and process development
• Decisive, with the ability to develop credibility across the organization while supporting the company’s objectives and priorities.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to diverse personalities. Tactful and mature.
• Ability to plan, staff, budget, organize, and communicate
• Ability to solve practical problems, strong analytical skills, and ability to track cost savings and cost avoidance metrics.
• Flexibility in responding to the needs of the business in a timely manner
• Able to establish priorities and obtaining results.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization as directed by the management of the company.