Chief Information OfficerJob ID CHIEF07881 Date posted 06/21/2019
As an executive leader, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for the team building and management of the IT team. In addition, the CIO owns the digital technology leadership and future state technology strategy. The CIO provides leadership, expertise, structure and resources to provide best in class development and operational support for our technology systems and applications. The CIO will also demonstrate exceptional relationship management, executive influencing and priority setting, problem solving, talent development and a continuous improvement mindset.
• Develop and empower a business-thinking team of IT professionals.
• Collaborate with IT and functional partners and technology leadership to define strategic and tactical road map of IT initiatives and understand the business processes and recommend technology solutions to drive further optimization through technology.
• Establish an end to end digital technology investment strategy, building synergies across functions and platforms resulting in streamlined processes and business/IT productivity.
• Overall budget ownership for the IT function, including managing estimates, actual spend, IT run costs and delivering year over year budget productivity; partner with functional leaders to ensure expected outcomes realization from IT investment.
• Collaborate with key functional leaders to set company-wide strategic and project priorities.
• Partner with senior leadership to ensure IT applications and support enable business operations and manage executive stakeholder communication and progress reporting.
• Identify and drive new opportunities with technology to benefit the user experience.
• Maintain IT application and infrastructure operations to support day to day business processes within business tolerances.
• Work with corporate shared service teams to best leverage broader Post Holdings’ scale to ensure strong support and best in class service costing.
• Manage financial and resourcing constraints and support IT Leadership team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies.
• Define budgets and targets for strategic initiatives and annual plans for the entire organization.
• Proven experience of working with executive-level stakeholders to define overall IT strategy and managing a portfolio of projects.
• Demonstrated experience working within an ERP environment and a fundamental understanding of the architectural design of ERP systems.
• Track record of driving IT innovation and technology-driven business outcomes.
• Experience managing budgets including annual budgets and large-scale projects.
• Strong leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals.
• Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization.
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities.
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others.
• Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), or related technical discipline.
Minimum 10 years of IT experience leading complex, diverse projects.
Minimum 7 years of team leadership experience with demonstrated ability to build highly functioning technical teams.
MBA, manufacturing industry background and/or consumer packaged goods experience is preferred.
Business integration experience is also preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.