Business Systems Analyst -Trade & Finance - Lakeville, MNJob ID BUSIN06609 Date posted 02/06/2019
At Post Consumer Brands, the Business Systems Analysts are the external facing arm of IT. This high functioning team is responsible for understanding and owning the systems that run the business, driving value to the business through the expanded use of these systems, and providing continuous improvement leadership across the IT application landscape.
The Trade and Finance BSA will focus on ensuring that the systems that support trade promotions, advanced pricing, deduction management, and reporting of this information provide accurate and timely information to the business. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for collaborating with Business leaders in these functional areas and IT partners to help define business requirements for technological solutions that support complex business processes. This role is also responsible for providing in-depth insights on IT and system capabilities and integration to business processes. The Business Systems Analyst must deliver high quality, timely information to support a wide range of initiatives to make sound business decisions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Thought Leadership and Relationship Management 40%
- Provide application thought leadership on projects, system enhancements, and end user support.
- Interface with the business partners to understand their processes and drive proper application of software to solve business process issues.
- Participate in business process/department/functional group activities within finance, trade and procurement a reason a regular basis to understand business needs and challenges and facilitate improvements
- Proactively scan the technology environment for new products and opportunities to enhance or support Post Consumer Brands business processes
- Work with Project Managers, Business Managers to define project scope, budget estimate, skill-set requirements and ROI for business initiatives
- Provide application leadership on projects.
- Act as application owner both during application implementation and after it is in service.
- Write functional specification documents from requirements.
- Own and drive systems integration testing and support user acceptance testing.
- Create and maintain test scenarios, test scripts and test data for validating system design, configuration, integration and performance
- Define, document and implement system configuration changes.
Continuous Improvement / Support Services 20%
- Responsible for Level 3 support issues when escalated from IT Services Team
- Drive root cause analysis and resolution for recurring issues.
- Assist in creating and reviewing training materials to ensure alignment with business processes and system configuration
Required Experiences and Capabilities
- 5+ years experience supporting retail trade promotion and pricing functions & systems
- 3-5 years work experience in an IT-related function (Developer, Analyst, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Sciences or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience mentoring junior team members
Preferred Experiences and Capabilities
- Experience with ERP Finance GL, ERP Procurement and core foundational principles, Experience with JD Edwards ERP
- Experience working in and supporting a SOX compliant environment
- Experience with AP/AR workflow automation
- Proficiency with SQL, Oracle etc, ability to read and understand code
- CPG Experience
- Lean / 6-sigma experience and certification.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.