Associate Manager Data & AnalyticsJob ID ASSOC07889 Date posted 06/26/2019
At Post Consumer Brands, we are driven by a single mission: Make Better Happen. This mission is multi-faceted and applies to the consumers we serve, the customers we partner with, and the shareholder value that we create. We are committed to safe, delicious breakfast cereal that is safely produced and responsibly marketed. We are a growth-minded food company that believes deeply in the power of teamwork…;and we are looking for our next member of the team.
With more than 85% of households in the United States buying cereal, our brands (Malt-o-Meal, Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Great Grains, Honeycomb, Grape Nuts, Alpha bits, and more) have been honored to compete in a large category and fill an important space in our consumers’ cupboards for more than 100 years and counting!
Associate Manager Data & Analytics Job Function
This position is responsible for executing behavior analytics to support cross-functional business partners, allowing them to have better information to make objective, data based decisions to drive the business.
Tools and tasks range from database management and reporting to marketing and trade measurement. The candidate will assist with answering short-term and long-range strategic business questions and analyze marketplace performance to discover insights used to help meet PCB business goals. This role includes the development and optimization of current and new data visualization capabilities and offers opportunities to discuss results and action steps directly with key stakeholders.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Analytics, but works independently with other Insights & Planning team members, cross functional business partners and external research suppliers. Opportunity for continued career growth and advancement within the Insights & Planning organization by expanding research toolkit and taking on additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrates PCB values of putting safety first, wining together, acting with integrity, being courageous and driving for results by embracing the Analytic team’s vision
- Assists in the development, engagement and maintenance of analytic models, tools, and reports
- Executes training on new analytic tools across functions and serves as the subject matter expert
- Works independently and has accountability for managing projects with various data and insight partners with guidance from manager
- Assists in the design of research approaches to objectively address business issues/questions by evaluating merits and drawbacks of various research approaches
- Effectively prioritizes projects based on business needs and partners cross functionally to drive insights to action
- Develops clear and intuitive dashboards in Tableau and other data visualization tools
- Comfortable transforming data into actionable and meaningful recommendations
- Works to gain a holistic view of the category, consumer, customer, and PCB points of view to confidently make recommendations back to the business
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong Excel and data visualization tool experience (Tableau preferred)
- 1-2 years in Consumer Packaged Goods industry with experience with Nielsen or IRI data preferred
- Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into strong recommendations
- Capable of building strong networks and working relationships to effectively influence internal/external partners at all organizational levels
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills and strong project management skills
- Minimal, infrequent travel within the U.S. a possibility
- Location: Lakeville, MN
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.