Quality Assurance Technician - Jonesboro, ARJob ID QUALI09695 Date posted 01/14/2020
This role provides real-time technical support to the Operations Teams and other support staff to produce products that meet Post Consumer Brands’ (PCB) food safety and quality standards at the lowest cost in a timely manner. It plays a key role in assisting in the identification, investigation, and follow-up activities of PCB continuous improvement program. It also supports, implements, and maintains food safety practices as required through SQF. The incumbent will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality, and environmental practices.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Provide Operations Team Members, Supervisors, and Maintenance with technical resources in areas of product quality and food safety during on-going production, as well as in noncompliance situations. Attend noncompliance meetings to give direction on restarts, finding the source of the non-compliance and product hold.
• Perform audits and analyses on finished and intermediate products, ingredients, packaging and systems and follow safety, sanitation, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Good Laboratory Practices while performing tests
• Conduct investigations into consumer complaints.
• Perform, record and report audit findings in areas of Pest Prevention, Sanitation, GMP’s, Pre-Op Inspection/Testing, Plant Environment, HACCP, SSOP’s, Net Weight, PSAs, Metal Detection Audit, Documentation Audit, Allergen Testing, and Ingredient COA Verification.
• Calibration and maintenance of Quality measurement equipment in production and in the QA Lab.
• Provide information and data to support the QA group in assigned project areas.
• Use databases to hold and release product, provide non-compliance ingredient and packaging information to vendors (SCAR’s), and report and store audit reports.
• Utilize the Quality Department resources to help in the identification and resolution of issues.
• Required: Four-year college degree preferably in math or related science field of study
• Three-years’ food production experience (preferred)
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, GMP's, food safety, GLP’s, statistics and lab techniques (preferred)
• Experience in Food Systems, audit experience, with PCQI certification (preferred)
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated math/statistical computation skills
• Knowledge of SPC
• Ability to work safely with chemicals, as well as, in and around large equipment
• ability to compile, analyze and present collected data in summary form as well as being capable of performing a variety of tests
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to make presentations, facilitate meetings, probe for root cause, and provide training to various groups within the organization and have knowledge of quality problem solving tools.
• Able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
• Must wear company-issued uniforms (snap-front shirt & pants) and required personal protection equipment (bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.)
• Flexibility to work overtime and/or on alternate shifts if needed
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.