Process Controls EngineerJob ID ENGIN14455 Location Jonesboro, AR Date posted 05/13/2021
At Post Consumer Brands, we are driven by a single mission: Make Better Happen. This mission is multi-faceted and applies to the consumer we serve, the customers we partner with, and the shareholder value that we create. WE are committed to safe, delicious breakfast cereal that is safely produced and responsibly marketed. We are a growth-minded food company that believes deeply in the power of teamwork…and we are looking for our next member of the team.
With more than 85% of households in the United States buying cereal, our brands (Malt-O-Meal, Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Great Grains, Honeycomb, Grape Nuts, Alpha bits, and more) have been honored to compete in a large category and fill an important space in our consumers’ cupboards for more than 100 years and counting!
The Process Controls Engineer is accountable for providing process control and project management support to the Jonesboro facility. This includes performing detailed design calculations, identifying opportunities for process optimization, recommending process design changes, and assisting with the implementation and start-up of those recommendations. Providing support to initiatives to ensure that the facility is in PCB compliance on environmental, security, safety, quality, HACCP issues and policies and procedures.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves processing methods; modifies processes to improve safety and product quality, and/or reduce costs.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing process problems and implement corrective measures.
- Determine process capabilities and bottlenecks, implement improvements, and develop contingency plans for capacity/productivity increases.
- Work with internal customers to improve key processes or equipment by providing engineering technical guidance to production teams.
- Managing and executing process improvement projects for optimization of yield, energy and/or waste.
- Work with Operations department to assist with the startup new processing equipment.
- Assist Engineering Manager in developing long term capital/project list to maintain constant flow of projects.
- Participate in defining engineering approaches and in planning, prioritizing and scheduling work.
- Ensures Successful completion of assigned project phases within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (electrical or computer)
Five or more years of Process Control and Processing Equipment experience preferably at a food processing plant floor level in 1) control systems hardware / software design 2) hands on trouble shooting and maintenance 3) general plant project work. Skilled in all aspects of the electrical, controls, instrumentation, process / packaging / utility equipment and project work for a processing facility. The experience will include design, programming, start-up, maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and PC-based operator interface.
Must be successful at working in a team environment; experience at managing outside contractors, working with maintenance personnel, and interfacing with production employees. Must train maintenance employees in the proper use of plant PLC hardware and software as becomes necessary. Communication skills must be effective at all levels in the organization.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.