Operator A - JBJob ID OPERA05551 Date posted 09/18/2018
- Operates and monitors production and distribution equipment and process.
- Ensures all required materials/ingredients are staged and available appropriately.
- Supports timely and efficient change overs on equipment.
- Responds safely to upset conditions, diverts product, clears jams, starts and stops, and recognizes failure patterns and adjusts or requests resources, and communicates appropriately.
- Supports root cause analysis process and implementation of corrective actions following upset conditions.
- Maintains basic knowledge and understanding of SQF requirements.
- Learns, supports and performs Basic Equipment Care (BEC) tasks accurately and on time.
- Loads/changes packaging materials into required equipment, and starts and stops basic system operation.
- Follows established SOP’s and Food Safety requirements.
- Operates Material Handling/inventory management equipment, such as scan guns, forklifts, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, etc. in a safe manner.
- Supports cleaning of production equipment, following GMP and food safety requirements.
- Records production data required for measuring waste, downtime or production efficiency, or other pertinent data as required.
- Trains and coaches other employees learning new equipment, processes and/or procedures.
- Completes job duties in an efficient manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Maintains clean work areas and performs sanitation tasks.
- May participate in special projects, assignments, and trainings.
- Assists in other areas across the platform upon request.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6 months to 1 year of manufacturing or related experience is a plus.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to learn and operate all related production equipment.
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions or work direction.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to work within a team environment and build positive professional relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English.
- Ability to problem solve entry-level problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where standardizations/alternatives exist.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts, standing, kneeling, climbing and walking for extended periods of the day; capable of repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling with weight ranges up to 50 pounds; ability to perform repeated twisting, bending and reaching of upper and lower extremities; exposure to hot and/or humid environments, heights up to 30 ft., working on ladders, and confined spaces.
- Good work history and acceptable attendance.
- Communication Skills: Writing & Listening Skills, Training Skills
- Execution Skills: Results Oriented, Problem Solving
- People Skills: Team Building
- Personal Behaviors: Flexibility & Initiative
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.