Maintenance Technician IJob ID MAINT05274 Date posted 08/21/2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical problems of all plant equipment including mechanical drive systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Resolves problems of plant and packaging/processing equipment such as wiring, circuits, fuses, switches, electrical installations, transformers, motors and AC/DC motor control circuits.
- Designs and fabricates replacement parts or equipment utilizing shop tools, mig welding, tig welding, presses and shears.
- Operates and maintains fire-tube boilers and water softeners.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment such as traps, pipes, valves and make repairs as necessary.
- Performs maintenance and preventative maintenance on plant chilling systems, plant and office air handling units, air conditioning, humidification and dehumidification equipment.
- Utilizes a CMMS for maintaining parts inventory, purchasing and/or requesting replacement parts, writing work order and planning jobs.
- Identify and solve mechanical, electrical and electronic plant or equipment problems; perform repairs safely and cost effectively on a timely basis.
- Provide input into engineering designs, e.g. electrical or electronic systems or changes for practicality and convenience.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Abilities/Qualifications
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Required abilities/qualifications:
- Operate machine tools, powers tools, and packaging equipment.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Become certified to operate a forklift.
- Become certified to work with a variety of welding equipment.
- Troubleshoot plant and production equipment problems (mechanical, electrical and electronic)
- Work closely with other team members to share responsibilities and solve problems.
- Perform work in a self-directed manner.
- Preferred abilities/qualifications:
- Familiarity with computers, electronics, electronic test equipment and multimeters.
- Ability to trouble shoot complex machines.
- Manual dexterity for delicate electronic work.
- Frequently stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties.
- Repetitively lift and carry 20 and 50 pound objects; occasionally lift and carry 75-100 pound objects.
- Distinguish between sounds or vibrations for equipment repair and colors for electronic wiring work.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, fumes, gases, odors and dust.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Work around moving machinery that is electrically and mechanically hazardous.
- Work with highly combustible or potentially explosive equipment.
Post Consumer Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.