Maintenance Technician IJob ID MAINT05274 Date posted 08/21/2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical problems of all plant equipment including mechanical drive systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Resolves problems of plant and packaging/processing equipment such as wiring, circuits, fuses, switches, electrical installations, transformers, motors and AC/DC motor control circuits.
- Designs and fabricates replacement parts or equipment utilizing shop tools,mig welding, tig welding, presses and shears.
- Operates and maintains fire-tube boilers and water softeners.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment such as traps, pipes, valves and make repairs as necessary.
- Performs maintenance and preventative maintenance on plant chilling systems, plant and office air handling units, air conditioning, humidification and dehumidification equipment.
- Utilizes a CMMS for maintaining parts inventory, purchasing and/or requesting replacement parts, writing work order and planning jobs.
- Identify and solve mechanical, electrical and electronic plant or equipment problems; perform repairs safely and cost effectively on a timely basis.
- Provide input into engineering designs, e.g. electrical or electronic systems or changes for practicality and convenience.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Abilities/Qualifications
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Required abilities/qualifications:
- Operate machine tools, powers tools, and packaging equipment.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Become certified to operate a forklift.
- Become certified to work with a variety of welding equipment.
- Troubleshoot plant and production equipment problems (mechanical, electrical and electronic)
- Work closely with other team members to share responsibilities and solve problems.
- Perform work in a self-directed manner.
- Preferred abilities/qualifications:
- Familiarity with computers, electronics, electronic test equipment and multimeters.
- Ability to trouble shoot complex machines.
- Manual dexterity for delicate electronic work.
- Frequently stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties.
- Repetitively lift and carry 20 and 50 pound objects; occasionally lift and carry 75-100 pound objects.
- Distinguish between sounds or vibrations for equipment repair and colors for electronic wiring work.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, fumes, gases, odors and dust.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Work around moving machinery that is electrically and mechanically hazardous.
- Work with highly combustible or potentially explosive equipment.
Post Consumer Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer