Maintenance Manager - Jonesboro, ARJob ID MAINT09734 Date posted 01/14/2020
This position is responsible for driving progressive maintenance processes that are predictive, preventive and planned work practices that maximize mechanical reliability.Has direct responsibility for the production equipment, utilities, and building structures.Partner with Operations and Engineering to implement continuous improvement activities to implement productivity improvements. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. The role will be a key member of plant management team responsible for leading the Maintenance function in a manner that supports plant safety, food safety, quality, environmental, and budget adherence.
- Manage the Maintenance and Utilities Department based on a preventive and predictive maintenance strategy to maintain all equipment, facilities, and systems in a safe and efficient working condition while achieving an accident free work place and meeting all food safety and quality standards.
- Provide leadership that optimizes the talent of a multi-skilled technician team. Manage the hiring, selection, and training of personnel to ensure personnel are qualified to perform the work effectively and safely.
- Utilize the continuous improvement process (e.g. behaviors, attitude, and culture) necessary to build an environment that sustains improvements in support of business objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing an effective maintenance parts & supplies procurement and inventory program that achieves reliability and cost objectives.
- Manage and administer the operation and maintenance of HVAC systems, gas-fired industrial boilers, and all related facility/utility equipment.
- Create and maintain training programs that promote and sustain a high degree of technical knowledge of equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
- Maintain visibility to key performance indicators necessary to demonstrate the connection between Maintenance activities and production line reliability and cost.
- Manage and help prepare departmental budgets and plans; prepare and manage annual and long range Maintenance and Utilities strategies.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local codes.
- Develop collaborative relationships with peers in Operations management to ensure optimum use of resources, budgets, priorities and schedules for maintenance of site and building while optimizing production.
- Plan for and provide a work environment that allows and encourages participation, fosters good employee relations, and creates development opportunities.
- Develop strong work control processes in accordance with recognized best practice maintenance behaviors.
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance strategy focused on increasing equipment reliability, uptime, and throughput.
- Responsible for overseeing duties of the plant Controls Engineer and their related projects.
- Work effectively with all levels of employees to solve problems, coordinate department activities and decisions and exchange information.
- Work effectively with external vendors/suppliers, contractors, inspectors, customers and consultants.
- Drive consistent, universal use of Computerized Maintenance Management System for all maintenance work at a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Support and grow Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) model for developing long term asset care plans for critical process equipment.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, or related fields. Engineering degree is preferred.
Experience: 6+ years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in maintenance, engineering, or production; including 4+ years supervisory experience.Working knowledge of multi-discipline fields of maintenance, plant engineering, and manufacturing. Experience in both self-directed work teams and autonomous maintenance preferred.Previous experience in the food industry is desirable.
- Balance of technical, maintenance, management, and human relations skills.
- Solve challenging technical problems, find solutions to crises, and plan to minimize crises.
- Strong technical abilities and practical knowledge with proven capabilities in the following areas: equipment reliability and asset care strategies, theory/functionality of manufacturing and building systems and equipment, continuous improvement techniques, process measurement and control, and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to act as both a strategic and tactical leader.
- Able to evaluate alternatives, establish priorities, and formulate decisions that affect all aspects of the operation.
- Able to establish clear support for long term best practice behaviors while recognizing the short term need to bring others with you on the vision of a highly reliable operation.
Management Skills: Able to hire, plan, listen, organize, set department objectives, interpret, provide work direction, coach, counsel, train and conduct performance reviews. Ability to influence others indirectly, team members, peers and support resources. A leader by behavior and action. Strong business acumen with the ability to see larger business objective and translate into functional strategies and tactics.