HR Business Partner - Jonesboro, ArkansasJob ID HRBUS09848 Date posted 02/05/2020
At Post Consumer Brands, we are driven by a single mission: Make Better Happen. This mission is multi-faceted and applies to the consumers we serve, the customers we partner with, and the shareholder value that we create. We are committed to safe, delicious breakfast cereal that is safely produced and responsibly marketed. We are a growth-minded food company that believes deeply in the power of teamwork…and we are looking for our next member of the team.
With more than 85% of households in the United States buying cereal, our brands (Malt-o-Meal, Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Great Grains, Honeycomb, Grape Nuts, Alpha bits, and more) have been honored to compete in a large category and fill an important space in our consumers’ cupboards for more than 100 years and counting!
In an effort to make better happen,Post Consumer Brands is hiring aHuman Resource Business Partner (HRBP) in our Jonesboro, AR plant.
The primary responsibility of the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is to provide generalist support for employees and leaders in a plant environment and reports to the local plant HR Manager. Responsible for working in partnership to coach, support, influence, and enable customer groups including team members and leaders to effectively deliver their people plans. In this role as a partner to their customer, they contribute to and support accomplishment of the company objectives in a matrix structure. This position will participate in projects related to HR. Responsible for completing all job duties in a manner that supports plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices by performing the following duties personally or through other resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. A partner to deliver value to customer groups and their management teams in a plant environment that will enable them to develop individual employee ability resulting in increased organizational capabilities.
a. Work in partnership with customer groups to manage employee relations issues. Promote positive and pro-active employee relations support to team members and respective leaders. Be a role model for and provide high levels of customer service to employees. Build management responsibility and capability for managing employee relations (where appropriate).
b. Assist with, support and perform generalist duties in the areas of performance management, OJT, training, talent acquisition, new employee orientation, benefits, compensation, etc., as a resource to team members and leaders.
c. Embed engagement, safety, and a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear goals and objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors aligned with our values.
d. Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change, structures, people processes and business improvement initiatives within the customer groups in order to improve business efficiency and people management, allowing for flexibility and planned growth.
e. Assist customer groups to improve and deliver decision support via HR data and metrics that are meaningful to drive business objectives, as well as building accountability and visual management.
2. Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence (COE) to leverage resources and support company-wide initiatives and processes.
a. Provides feedback to HR team, including Specialists (COE) and peer groups on implementation and utilization of tools to ensure flawless execution of HR initiatives.
b. Responsible for representing the customer’s needs from the plant level and providing customer feedback to the COE teams.
3. Participate on and lead projects that support plant and company initiatives to enhance HR processes.
4. Minimize business risk and enhance the company culture by ensuring that all management are knowledgeable in all required legal subject areas Compliance, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Sexual Harassment, Interviewing and selection skills, employment law, etc.
5. Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local legal and regulatory requirements.
6. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
The HRBP must perform the essential duties and responsibilities in a highly effective manner. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties.
• Exceptional leadership and teamwork skills that have been demonstrated by achieving desired results through others, and building effective partnerships through influence and relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to balance strategic and tactical skills. Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
• Comprehensive HR business process knowledge, including training, applicant tracking systems, talent management, change management, HCM suite experience: benefits, payroll, time and attendance, performance management, compensation, employee and manager self service experience.
• Effective project management experience to lead projects from concept through implementation.
• B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field;
• 5+ years of increasing generalist responsibility within Human Resources in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
• Demonstrated success managing projects.
The physical demands required in this position are those that are typical of an office environment. The ability to travel by automobile, airplane or other transportation is necessary, and such travel may occasionally entail long distances.
The primary work environment for this position is typical of an office work environment; it will require the periodic presence in a manufacturing environment in which appropriate personal protective equipment is prescribed and must be used.
The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ERP/HCM software, Applicant Tracking System; Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software