Production Supervisor - Cobourg, ONTJob ID PRODU12748 Location Cobourg, ON Date posted 11/25/2020
Cobourg - Processing/Packaging - Non-Union
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the day to day manufacturing operations of the Cobourg facility. The incumbent will have responsibility to achieve people safety, food safety, quality, customer service, productivity, efficiency, cost, and OEE objectives through both individual and team contributions. He/she will provide direction, leadership, development, and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on the job assignments, and continuous improvement initiatives. The operations supervisor will engage associates in decision making while fostering a learning environment that requires involvement and personal accountability. A key deliverable is to demonstrate daily the need for continuous improvement and change necessary to deliver on business results through the pursuit of best practices and deployment of standard work. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Science or related field. Significant related experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience with 3 yearsprevious supervisory experience within a food related industry.
- Minimum 3 years working within a Unionized facility.
- Be able to demonstrated strong knowledge and use of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to engage others, provide guidance, leadership, drive for results and facilitate problem solving at all levels
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills with ability to co-ordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines with high attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software and adept/willing to learn new software programs
- Able to work with minimal direction and to be accountable for all KPIs
- Demonstrated initiative, high motivation and independent problem solving skills with the ability to create and implement solutions.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel internationally.
Hours of Work:
Shift work 5/24 on rotating schedule. Must be able to work overtime.