Maintenance - MillwrightJob ID MAINT10518 Location Cobourg, ON Date posted 06/23/2020
Cobourg - Engineering/Maintenance - Union - Millwright
As part of Post Consumer Brands, in our Cobourg plant we are dedicated to providing better food today and a better world tomorrow. We seek to make every day cereals healthier, easier, more affordable and tastier, and to serve more communities responsibly.
At our purpose built facility we currently employ 170 employees and in 2019 will be celebrated our 40th anniversary of being in Cobourg. There has never been a more exciting time to come and join us!
We are currently undergoing a significant investment in new engineering to support our ambition to be the best in the business! The Cobourg site will see these engineering improvements increase our capacity and enable us to deliver new products faster and better than ever before.
We have openings for both Millwrightswho will carry out planned, predictive and re-active maintenance of plant equipment and machinery in order to maintain plant reliability & performance in our fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The role will involve assisting other members of the Maintenance department with the company’s reactive and preventative maintenance duties including routine mechanical or electrical tasks that are assigned daily using an electronic tablet to find previous solutions and record actions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responding to routine breakdown and repair issues
· Ensure high factory reliability is achieved by performing quality routine machine and plant maintenance
· Ensure optimum performance is achieved through effective and consistent setting of the production machine
· Participate in engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment
· Work with the engineering team and meet the engineering standards across the group
· Deliver maintenance KPI’s to ensure visibility of maintenance performance and required improvement for site.
Key Skills and experience required:
· You need to come from a mechanical background with the drive to further develop and learn, with a safety first and resilient attitude to multi-task and effectively execute tasks to get them done.
· Your communication skills are key to being successful as you will have to communicate with a number of different internal customers and work as part of a team.
· You will be able to demonstrate a background involving maintenance of a busy production line preferably or maintenance involving both mechanical and electrical machinery
· You will enjoy a challenging, problem solving role and be ideally suited to a fast-paced environment.
· You understand the bigger picture and the needs of the business and the need to service and deliver quality to the customer.
In return, we offer:
· Great career progression
· Range of in-house training opportunities
· $32.40 - $34.40 per hour ((increase to $34.40 after probation)
· Full benefits and pension
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly by Weetabix. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Weetabix is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.40 to $34.40 /hour