Regional Business Manager - Walmart (Remote)Job ID REGIO06940 Date posted 03/23/2019
This position reports to the Walmart Retail Team Leader and will interface at all levels with Walmart KDMs to promote, coordinate and execute non-basic promotional display features at store level. Primary role will be to ultimately drive incremental sales and revenue for all PCB branded products within an assigned territory by working with customer to support PCB headquarter initiatives. The successful Regional Business Manager works closely with both the customer and National Sales team to develop sales strategies based on customer needs, competitive activity and market potential. RBMs analyze current marketing-sales trends data, then create and present effective sales presentations while also managing forecasting efforts for the assigned market.
**This is a home office role. Could be based in Chicago, St Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis**
- Own Your Market; analyze-assess PCB’s current stance and develop value added strategies that ultimately build relationships and grow sales
- Achieve monthly sales objectives by selling cereal pallet features in assigned market; work with customer to establish reoccurring PCB pallet orders; contribute regional sales information and recommendations; identify trends and contribute to implementing change in assigned market.
- Forecasts incremental pallet volume on a quarterly basis; review periodically to ensure orders align with forecasting; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Understands assigned market demographics by reviewing category management reports and year over year sales reports.
- Identifies top performing stores-districts in assigned market and understands what makes them successful.
- Recaps weekly customer meetings to Retail Team Leader.
- Participate in biweekly internal team conference calls to update team on regional selling.
- Manage and adhere to travel budget on an ongoing basis.
- Expand customer base by building and maintaining rapport with customer; identifying new opportunities with customer markets and/or stores.
- Develops knowledge in assigned market and applies strategies to increase overall footprint.
- Recommends incremental product lines by identifying new incremental product opportunities, and/or service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Education & Experience:
4-year college degree preferred or equivalent experience
1 -3 years grocery and food broker manager experience a plus
Minimum of 60% travel required.
- Ability to design and effectively implement both short-term and long-term business strategies
- Proven experience in cross-selling, and competence in various sales activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational strategies and techniques
- Strong presentation building and delivery skills
- Proven networking capabilities
- Strong analytical & negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent motivational & time management skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to be flexible, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with a team
- Possess administration skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Results oriented and driven
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Leadership skills
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.