Sr Shopper Marketing Manager - Walmart and Sam’s Club Team (Bentonville)Job ID SRSHO09915 Date posted 02/05/2020
The Walmart and Sam’s Club Team is looking for a creative, results-oriented Senior Shopper Marketing Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment to lead a team in developing and executing the Shopper Marketing Strategy to support Post Consumer Brand’s (PCB) growth objectives at Walmart. This role will be critical in driving volume, sales and brand equity across the PCB portfolio. The Senior Marketing Manager will act as the primary point person for all PCB portfolio brands at Walmart & Sam’s Club inclusive of leading the Shopper Marketing planning process and driving transformational capabilities with our customer partners. In addition to being part of the greater shopper marketing organization, this role is wired into the Walmart & Sam’s Club internal sales team and is part of the internal Walmart Leadership Team – providing collaboration and organizational visibility. This role will be based in our Bentonville, AR office.
- Lead the development and execution of differentiated Shopper Marketing programming grounded in brand, consumer, shopper and retailer insights
- Assess customer strategic positioning relative to trends, shoppers and competitors in order to identify white space opportunities for growth
- Provide thought leadership to raise the level of strategic thinking & shopper marketing creativity and inspire the development of new innovative ways to activate at retail to drive PCB and retailer initiatives. Work to deliver results through engagement tools such as in-store, digital, social, online grocery, media and mobile.
- Actively collaborate with Brand Teams, Customer Teams, Sales, Media Buying, On-line Grocery, Sales Strategy, Insights, Category Leadership, and other functional leads to support Joint Business Planning and program execution.
- Summarize and communicate program impact, lessons learned, and incorporate learning into future programs
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners to identify opportunities for growth and build selling stories.
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree
- Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- A minimum of 8 years prior Marketing experience; 10 years preferred
- Prior Shopper Marketing or Marketing experience within consumer packaged goods required; food experience preferred
- Ability to analyze relevant data, insights and information to identify opportunities and develop a strategy and plans to address
- Ability to think and act strategically with a focus on driving a commercial agenda
- Ability to lead and influence across multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively lead, collaborate, communicate and influence both internal and external partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple agendas and develop the appropriate strategies and plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Strong team leadership and talent development skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong analytical ability