Power House Asst OperatorJob ID POWER07287 Date posted 04/29/2019
All employees awarded this position will be required to:
- Support and participate in business initiatives, i.e., QCDSM (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Morale) etc.
- Have the ability to work any hours as needed to provide 24/7/365 coverage as required.
- Report to work in severe weather, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
- Maintain maturity, integrity, detail-orientation, self-motivation, good judgment and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision is required.
- Use interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with Engineering, Operations, Maintenance Depts., and co-workers to discuss equipment issues and improvements.
- Develop, maintain, and follow evolving procedures and practices.
- Participate in groups to solve complex and ongoing problems.
- Covers or relieves fellow operators as required to maintain flexible and efficient operation of the Powerhouse.
- Obtain First Aid, (CPR) qualification, and AED Training provided by PCB (Post Consumer Brands).
- Receive and apply training, and accept assignments as determined to meet the needs of the business.
- Train other employees as needed.
- Maintain complete familiarity with all safety and good manufacturing practices and adhere to these rules at all times.
- Perform general powerhouse housekeeping tasks in areas of responsibility. Other housekeeping assignments that vary may be assigned.
- Protect the Company’s investment in machinery and equipment by exercising proper care, operating skills, and equipment knowledge.
- Perform plant-wide monitoring and support services as may be required to meet the needs of the business and the Powerhouse.
- Support outside services, including but not limited to shipping, receiving, contractors, consultants, etc. to ensure efficiency and reliability of the Powerhouse operations.
- Perform energy and environmental management services through activities such as taking utility readings, auditing or sampling of steam, condensate, river outfall, water etc. as required to meet the plant’s environmental quality policies and reporting requirements.
- Perform (at the direction of the Operator) the startup, shutdown, and operation of the High-Pressure steam boilers and any ancillary equipment.
- Perform effective water chemistry management through analysis and testing of various water samples. Takes corrective actions (at the direction of the Operator) as required to maintain water chemistry limits.
- Perform daily equipment inspection rounds on all relative equipment, log operational readings of plant utilites and equipment, and take appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Supports others in the inspection, lubrication, operation, or repair of equipment as necessary to ensure reliable and safe operation of the powerhouse.
- Monitor and perform preventative and predictive maintenance of four (4) boilers distributed through the plant in addition to the two (2) high pressure steam boilers in the powerhouse.
- Safely operate hand and power tools, testing equipment, machinery, and vehicles as required.
- Possess and utilize effectively, sound diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- May be required to function as a C-rate mechanic as needed.
The following physical demands are necessary for the Assistant Operator to perform daily duties. The Assistant Operator must be able to:
- Climb multiple flights of steps.
- Work overhead, on ladders, on high platforms, other elevations, and confined spaces while utilizing proper PPE and related equipment.
- Perform medium heavy to maximum physical exertion on a regular basis and occasional lifting of 50+lbs or more.
- Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12" by 16" and 11” by 15” manways.
- Crawl over, under and into equipment as necessary to perform job duties.
- Perform job duties in extreme varying temperatures and adverse weather conditions.
- Maintain safe mobility and be able to maneuver around moving automated equipment.
- Have the physical agility and strength to manually operate equipment and/ or valves as may be necessary in the normal duties of the job.
Must provide a minimum of four (4) years documented experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of high-pressure steam boilers of 30 pounds pressure or more, and related ancillary utility equipment.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.