Pipefitter - Battle Creek, MIJob ID PIPEF07894 Date posted 07/09/2019
The following description of duties and responsibilities are not inclusive of all duties to be performed by a Pipefitter working under this job description. The following description does not preclude others from performing duties that are the same as, or related to, these duties. The following description of duties and responsibilities does not entitle a Pipefitter Mechanic working under this job description rights to perform any of the following duties, as work performed by the pipefitter will be determined/assigned by the Pipefitter’s immediate supervisor and/or the Engineering Department.
- Equipment Maintenance – Provide the highest level of support possible to production facilities with an intent of achieving superior equipment effectiveness as related to process and process support equipment.
- Design and Engineering Support – Provide the highest level of support possible to Engineering and design resources.
- Help document and develop standards for:
- Installing equipment and components
- Selecting standard piping & pneumatic components across the site
- Trade safety
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
- Help document and develop standards for:
- Replacing obsolete or substandard components. Must have a thorough understanding and good working knowledge of pressure and mechanical codes as relates to vessels, piping, combustion, weights and measures.
- Installs, calibrates, repairs and services pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical types of instruments, scales and control; including integrated controls and related systems.
- Must be able to obtain adjustments within the specified tolerances.
- Performs testing as required and directed.
- Maintains working knowledge of the proper and effective lubrication of valves, cylinders, gears, weights and interacting mechanical components.
- Identify necessary human and materials resources required to complete tasks.
- Develop a job plan for the work orders.
- Must obtain and apply an adequate working knowledge of the process and energy systems in the plant; must be able to correct malfunctions rapidly and without error or endangerment to production, people or quality of product.
- Instructs operating personnel as to proper care and operation of control equipment. As required, directs and leads other personnel assigned to the job, and provides assistance to engineers and technical personnel as directed.
- Repair and inspect any steam, gas, air, hydraulic, water process piping, drain piping, and equipment in the plant.
- Must be able to install rigging and hoisting for related equipment items.
- Provide training to others and help identify training needs.
- Reliability duties assigned to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Attend RCA meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following physical demands are necessary for the Pipe fitter to perform daily duties. It would not be practical or feasible to eliminate these requirements.
- Shall be able to safely climb stairs, scaffolds and ladder steps.
- Shall be able to safely work from high surfaces.
- Shall be able to safely utilize proper fall protection equipment.
- Shall be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds while maintaining balance.
- Shall be able to safely crawl over and/or under equipment.
- Shall be able to safely perform job duties in extreme varying temperatures.
- Shall be able to safely and skillfully use trade related tools.
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Technical/other training or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.