Machine Repair- Battle Creek, MIJob ID MACHI04894 Date posted 07/13/2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following description of duties and responsibilities are not inclusive of all duties to be performed by a mechanic working under this job description. The following description does not preclude others from performing duties that are the same as, or related to, these duties. The following description of duties and responsibilities does not entitle a mechanic working under this job description rights to perform any of the following duties, as work performed by the mechanic will be determined/assigned by the mechanic’s immediate supervisor and/or the Engineering Dept.
- Equipment Maintenance – Provide the highest level of support possible to production facilities with an intent of achieving superior equipment effectiveness as related to process and process support equipment.
- Design and Engineering Support – Provide the highest level of support possible to engineering and design resources.
- Repair, adjust, maintain, and monitor machines and equipment that package products
- Set up packaging line to accommodate various products, package dimensions, and production volumes.
- Adjusts guides, belts, conveyor speeds, drive and transfer mechanisms to required tolerances.
- Initiate start up.
- Observe line in operation.
- Identify trouble areas.
- Advise maintenance management of recurrent problems.
- Refer complex electrical and mechanical repairs to certified personnel.
- Clean and lubricate machine components to ensure fluid operation.
- Observe company established sanitary and safety rules at all times.
- Motor Control Equipment – Maintenance, removal and installation of motor control equipment in a safe, sanitary, and functional fashion.
- Metering and Diagnostic Equipment – Safe and appropriate usage of metering and diagnostic equipment to identify maintenance and repair issues in a timely fashion.
- Use sound diagnostic and trouble shooting skills.
- Perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, maintain, and adapt maintenance plans
- Review approved work orders entered into the CMMS
- Enter work orders for identified repairs
- Create, maintain, and adjust preventative maintenance routines
- Provide training to others
- Develop positive and productive relationships with all employees
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility
- Attend RCA meetings as needed
- Perform all necessary daily inspections of equipment (i.e., safety, etc.)
- Implement and document all necessary audits and planned preventative maintenance.
- Assist in planning work for equipment outages.
- Repair normal equipment breakdowns; i.e. repair/replace drives, sprockets, chains, belts, bearings, Roll replacement, and rollers, etc.
- Perform rigging and installation of new or existing equipment and asset all trades.
- Trouble shoot equipment failures as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to perform all duties with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Have complete knowledge of, and perform all duties in compliance with, the most current revision of plant safety, sanitation and working rules.
- Have complete knowledge of appropriate application and utilization of personal protective equipment specific to the trade.
- Have complete knowledge of appropriate application, utilization and care of equipment and/or tools used in the trade.
- Have solid knowledge of, and proficiency in mathematical functions used in the trade.
- Use interpersonal skills to interact and work with others across the organization and in cross-functional teams.
- Have a strong knowledge of current technology, and desire to expand upon that knowledge as related to mechanical trades.
- Willingness to participate in, or facilitate, trade related training as directed.
- Successful completion of High School education program or equivalent state certification.
- Successful Journeyman Mechanical Apprenticeship or > 8000 hours documented in the mechanical field.
- Must be able to pass relevant/required written, oral or hands-on training, peer review and the like (If required).
- Have an understanding of the packaging, process and its appropriate application.
- Have an understanding of Computer Systems operating on a window platform.
- Have sufficient understanding of equipment operating at 600V and below to facilitate the maintenance and installation of such equipment.
- Read drawings and schematics using orthographic, isometric, and sectional views, and interpreting schematic, process flow and logic diagrams, to ensure that installation, operation, and maintenance are conducted in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company policies and manufacturer’s recommendations.
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.