Electrician - Battle Creek, MIJob ID ELECT15569 Location Battle Creek, MI 49014 Date posted 09/16/2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Equipment Maintenance – Provide the highest level of support possible to production facilities with an intent of achieving superior equipment effectiveness as related to process and process support equipment.
- Design and Engineering Support – Provide the highest level of support possible to engineering and design resources.
- Conduit Systems – Maintenance, removal and installation of conduit systems in a safe, sanitary, and functional fashion.
- Layout of conduit based only on schematic drawings for control, communication, etc. systems.
- Layout of cable/wire pulling equipment to facilitate removal or installation of cable/wire.
- Maintenance, removal and/or installation of galvanized rigid steel conduit.
- Maintenance, removal and/or installation of GRS PVC coated conduit.
- Maintenance, removal and/or installation of rigid aluminum conduit.
- Maintenance, removal and/or installation of rigid PVC conduit.
- Maintenance, removal and/or installation of flexible conduit
- Maintenance, removal and/or installation of conduit in hazardous classified locations.
- Motor Control Equipment – Maintenance, removal and installation of motor control equipment in a safe, sanitary, and functional fashion.
- Panel board and Load Center Equipment – Maintenance of panel board and load center equipment – operating at 600 volts and below – in a safe, sanitary, and functional fashion.
- Sensors, Transducers and Switches – Maintenance, removal and installation of sensors/transducers/switches in a safe, sanitary, and functional fashion.
Following are some examples of common devices relevant to this section.
- Relays, Contactors, Starters and Solenoids – Maintenance, removal and installation of relays/contactors/starters/solenoids in a safe, sanitary, and functional fashion.
- Control Systems Hardware, Maintenance, removal and installation of control systems hardware in a safe, sanitary, and functional fashion.
- Electrical Drawings – Interpretation, usage and correction of electrical drawings related to power systems, controls, communications and the like. This shall include, but is not limited to the following:
- Mark-up or red-line, of electrical drawings to indicate accurate as-built status.
- Interpretation of electrical drawings to facilitate maintenance, construction and repair.
- Metering and Diagnostic Equipment – Safe and appropriate usage of metering and diagnostic equipment to identify maintenance and repair issues in a timely fashion.
- Use PLC and other electronic devices for troubleshooting and repairs
- Able to make Program changes under the direction of engineering using company policy.
- Have the ability to perform all duties with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Have complete knowledge of, and perform all duties in compliance with, the most current revision of plant safety, sanitation and working rules.
- Have complete knowledge of and current Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) certification for, Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and First Aid (FA). To be considered current training must be successfully completed per requirements ECC guidelines.
- Have complete knowledge of appropriate application and utilization of personal protective equipment specific to the trade.
- Have complete knowledge of appropriate application, utilization and care of equipment and/or tools used in the trade.
- Have solid knowledge of, and proficiency in mathematical functions used in the trade.
- Use interpersonal skills to interact and work with others across the organization and in cross-functional teams.
- Have a strong knowledge of current technology, and desire to expand upon that knowledge as related to the trade.
- Willingness to participate in, or facilitate, trade related training as directed.
- Successful completion of High School education program or equivalent state certification.
- Successful Journeyman Electrical Apprenticeship or > 8000 hours documented in the Electrical field.
- Must be able to pass relevant/required written, oral or hands-on training, peer review and the like.
- Have an understanding of the National Electric Code and its appropriate application.
- Have a strong understanding of Computer Systems operating on a window platform.
- Have sufficient understanding of equipment operating at 600V and below to facilitate the maintenance and installation of such equipment.
- Have completed training for an electrical trained workers for Post Consumers Brand Battle Creek.