Quality Assurance Technician (PCB-Asheboro)Job ID QUALI06309 Date posted 01/23/2019
POSITION: Quality Assurance Technician
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Non-Exempt, Full-time
SCHEDULE: Post Consumer Brands operates on a 24/7 Schedule with a 2-3 rotation (36 hours one week and 48 hours the next). Day shift hours are 5:30am-5:50pm and night shift hours are 5:30pm-5:50am.
BENEFITS: Post Consumer Brands offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage, 401(k) matching, Life Insurance, paid time off, etc.
The purpose of this position is to manage the following processes and programs: new ingredient approval; finished product specifications; technical customer forms; label audit; kosher certification; internal sensory projects (assist as needed); and work orders. Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Manage ingredient approval process. Maintain ingredient vendor form. Verify that the ingredient is acceptable from a regulatory perspective and appropriate for the intended use. Verify kosher status with Rabbinical contact. Maintain networked database for all ingredients and suppliers.
- Coordinate and maintain kosher certification process relating to ingredient approval, annual updates, production start up, and other issues pertaining to kosher certification.
- Manage Post Consumer Brands and customer-specific Finished Product Specifications. Develop sensory descriptors with R&D and QA. Maintain information on networked database.
- Trend surveillance of competitive labels through annual label audit, prepare comparative summaries, and maintain current product information on networked system.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of QA information on packaging work orders as part of the overall work order process.
- Provide sensory support in the following areas: competitive cut product review and feedback; internal sensory assistance especially in scope management and interpreting data for final report generation. Back up Sensory Specialist on all aspects of internal sensory projects.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of specification forms for external customers.
- Back up Regulatory Manager on customer requests for product nutrition information, claim sheet development, and PDP and IP review.
- Participate in, and support, MOM Excellence projects (upon request).
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Food/Nutritional Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Process Engineering recommended. ASQ-CQA certification preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of Quality Assurance experience (preferably with a consumer food product company) with applicable knowledge of the following:
- Manufacturing processes that involve working in/around equipment and chemicals.
- GMP, GLP, food safety, and quality control measures.
- Food Systems audits.
- Food and ingredient standards and FDA food labeling regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge of SPC with ability to compile, analyze and present collected data.
- Quality problem solving tools to probe for root cause and presenting solutions.
- Results-oriented with attention to detail and sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal and teamwork abilities while demonstrating good judgment.
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) technical, scientific, and regulatory information, to include presentations and training facilitation.
- Additional Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Regular attendance.
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or on alternate shifts if needed.
- Must follow established safety procedures.
- Must wear company-issued uniforms (snap-front shirt & pants) and required PPE (bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.)
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in which standing, kneeling, climbing and walking are up to 100% of on-the-job time.
- Capable of repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling with weight ranges of 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to perform repeated twisting, bending and reaching of upper and lower extremities
- Ability to work in the following conditions: hot and/or humid environments, heights up to 30ft, working on ladders, confined spaces, and catwalks.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.