Production Support - Night Shift (12 hours) - PCB AsheboroJob ID PRODU07586 Date posted 05/21/2019
Position: Production Support
Location: Asheboro, NC
Schedule: 12 hour night shift
FLSA Classification: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Salary: $12.87 per hour
To support Operations with general sanitation and end of line production tasks. This position performs general duties in all areas of the facility inside and outside. Serves as a resource to all departments with a strong focus on improving current sanitation methods and increasing production line capacity. This position is a critical member of the food safety function and helps maintain strict GMP requirements. Responsible for supporting, implementing, and maintaining food safety practices as required through SQF. Must complete job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Maintain footbath levels, strength, and cleanliness in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Monitor and communicate master cleaning schedule compliance.
- Monitor and maintain building perimeter in a sanitary condition that meets GMP guidelines.
- Organize and stock cleaning chemical storage room. Activities will include stocking PPE, monitoring chemical inventories, and general housekeeping.
- Maintain GMP requirements in common areas to include compactor area, wet waste area, stair towers, halls, floors, roof, elevators, MCC rooms, etc.
- Bathroom cleaning and re-supply of hand soap and paper products
- Operation of equipment including: fork lift, pallet jack, and powered scrubber
- Daily leak checks / walk through
- Assist in waste handling
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information with other team members.
- Participate in team activities and provide assistance in all team related areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma (or GED)
- Skills & Experience:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Experience with or knowledge of sanitation practices and use of cleaning chemicals.
- Experience with or ability to operate fork lifts andfloor scrubbers.
- Computer proficiency for basic functions including:internet, email, data entry, record keeping, etc.
- Basic math skills including weights and measurements.
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Regular attendance and flexibility to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to workin a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Additional Requirements:
- Must wear company-issued uniforms (snap-front shirt & pants) and required PPE (bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.)
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in which standing, kneeling, climbing and walking are 100% of on-the-job time.
- Capable of repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling with weight ranges of 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to perform repeated twisting, bending and reaching of upper and lower extremities
- Ability to work in the following conditions:hot and/or humid environments, heights up to 30ft, working on ladders, confined spaces, and catwalks.