Operations Supervisor - Night Shift - Asheboro, NCJob ID OPERA09981 Date posted 02/08/2020
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the day to day manufacturing operations. The incumbent will have responsibility to achieve people safety, food safety, quality, customer service, productivity, efficiency, cost, and OEE objectives through both individual and team contributions. He/she will provide direction, leadership, development, and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on the job assignments, and continuous improvement initiatives. The operations supervisor will engage technicians in decision making while fostering a learning environment that requires involvement and personal accountability. A key deliverable is to demonstrate daily the need for continuous improvement and change necessary to deliver on business results through the pursuit of best practices and deployment of standard work. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Develop operations employees to meet and/or exceed performance expectations and conduct company standards for personal safety, productivity, quality, food safety, sanitation, environmental, regulatory compliance and SQF.
• Manage, prioritize, and coordinate finished product, packaging, raw material and work-in-process inventories to meet production needs, quality standards, and cost constraints. Plan, organize and coordinate work activities of operations personnel and production scheduling to meet demand requirements.
• Manage employee communications, expectations and overall accountability. Act as general support and as a communication resource for employees. Consult with employees regarding personnel and production problems.
• Manage operations facilities, equipment and systems in functional, sanitary and safe working condition while meeting all regulatory requirements.
• Perform safety, GMP, and pre-operational audits.
• Lead and drive continuous improvement efforts around yield, OEE, engagement, safety, and quality for dedicated lines, improving processing and packaging efficiencies.
• Implement new operating procedures. Recommend and implement equipment changes
• Maintain involvement and influence in the development and implementation of products, process, and material changes.
• Help develop and implement training programs for team members in a systematic manner to cover all contingencies; assist employees in their self-development, e.g., leadership development, outside education, etc. Know and communicate training status of operations team.
• Ensure safety guidelines are understood and followed, incidents properly reported, deficiencies appropriately addressed, and emergencies handled correctly.
• Maintain harmonious relationships between shifts by effective communications and shift transfer meetings.
• Where applicable, honor and respect the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) to provide for prompt and peaceful adjustment of differences which may arise between bargaining unit employees and the company.
Leadership Competencies: organizing, planning, drive for results, action oriented, builds effective teams, conflict management, problem solving, timely decision making, informing, composure, approachability and functional/technical skills.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Science or related field.
• Would prefer a minimum of 3 years of combined related experience, with a preference in food processing/packaging. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
• Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
• Able to build relationships and inspire others.
• Must be mobile and able to take on broader assignments for additional development opportunities.