Maintenance Technician (Night Shift)Job ID MAINT04970 Date posted 07/13/2018
Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Asheboro, NC
Schedule: Night Shift (12 hours)
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Maintain plant production equipment in optimal operating condition to maximize reliability and operational consistency and meet plant safety, productivity, and quality targets.
- Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF.
- Responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment troubleshooting and repair on all primary and ancillary production line equipment.
- Respond to production trouble calls in a timely manner and coordinate with operations to carry out necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Identify opportunities for reliability improvement arising from trouble calls and coordinate with peers and supervisors to capture and prioritize for improvement.
- Analyze equipment breakdowns to help determine root cause and collaborate with others in maintenance, operations, and engineering to implement long term fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Coordinate and collaborate with predictive maintenance tech to pinpoint equipment abnormalities for further tracking and analysis.
- Work with process engineers and MRTs on troubleshooting and correcting process problems.
- Complete all scheduled preventive maintenance and assigned work orders in a timely manner. Utilize work orders within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to execute planned work and to capture equipment history (trouble logs, repairs, and modifications).
- Identify opportunities and carry out projects to improve safety, productivity, cost, and quality. Manage own projects and provide direction to contractors and vendors as required.
- Perform any other function as directed to meet company and business needs.
- 1-2 years vocational training in maintenance mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, machine shop, electricity, electronics, and programmable machine control computers.
- Minimum 2 years experience in plant and production equipment maintenance, including mechanical, electrical and electronic systems. Experience in a food processing environment preferred.
- Boiler, refrigeration, plumbing, and electrical licenses are a plus.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in the operation and maintenance of production and utility machinery.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot, analyze, and repair mechanical, electrical, and electronic problems across all areas and types of equipment within the plant.
- Knowledge and ability to operate machine tools, power tools, welding equipment, and forklifts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization and with vendors and manufacturers.
- Strong computer skills and software knowledge. Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management System is a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Additional Requirements: Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language; Must wear company-issued uniforms (snap-front shirt & pants) and required PPE (bump-cap, hair net, beard net, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.); Regular attendance; Flexibility to work overtime and/or on alternate shifts if needed; Must follow established safety procedures; Ability to work12 hour shifts in which standing, kneeling, climbing and walking are 100% of on-the-job time; Ability to work in the following conditions:hot and/or humid environments, heights up to 30ft, working on ladders, confined spaces, and catwalks.