Equipment Operator - Night Shift (Asheboro, NC)Job ID EQUIP05867 Date posted 10/30/2018
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Starting Wage: $16.17 per hour (Night Shift)
Work Schedule: 12 hour Night Shift (5:30am-5:50pm) and rotates on a 2-2-3 schedule. Day shift schedule for first 30 days while training.
Location: Asheboro, NC
Operates, monitors, and troubleshoots automated high-speed packaging equipment, in a GMP environment in a manner that supports all personal safety and food safety practices. Requires good decision making skills
- Operates, monitors, and troubleshoots automated high-speed packaging equipment. Responsible for independently operating an entire packaging equipment cell/line.
- Executes timely and efficient set-ups, shut-downs, change-overs on all equipment.
- Responds safely to upset conditions, diverts product, clears jams, starts and stops, and recognizes failure patterns and adjusts or requests resources, and communicates appropriately.
- Participates in root cause analysis process and implementation of corrective actions following upset conditions.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of SQF requirements.
- Learns, supports and performs Basic Equipment Care (BEC) tasks accurately and on time.
- Follows established SOP’s and Work Instructions.
- Operates Powered Mobile Equipment (PME) such as forklifts, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, etc. in a safe manner.
- Maintains clean work areas and performs sanitation tasks for cleaning production equipment by following GMP and food safety requirements.
- Records production data required for performing quality checks, measuring waste, evaluating downtime or production efficiency, or other pertinent data as required.
- Trains and coaches other employees learning new equipment, processes and/or procedures.
- Completes job duties in an efficient manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- May participate in special projects, assignments, and trainings.
- Assists in other areas upon request.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 3 years of manufacturing or related experience preferred.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to learn and operate all related production equipment.
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions or work direction.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to work within a team environment and build positive professional relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of variables in situations where standardizations/alternatives exist.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Additional Requirements:
- Ability to work scheduled shifts, standing, kneeling, climbing and walking for extended periods of the day; capable of repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling with weight ranges up to 50 pounds; ability to perform repeated twisting, bending and reaching of upper and lower extremities; exposure to hot and/or humid environments, heights up to 30 ft., working on ladders, and confined spaces.
- Must wear company-issued uniforms, safety shoes, PPE, and comply with all GMP requirements.
- Good work history and attendance.